January Wrap Up | a weird reading month, lots of new books and snow

Hi Everyone,

It's early January, and I'm sat at my desk taking a break from home-learning and watching the snow slowly turn into rain. Of course it won't set: this winter has been far too warm for that. But it still feels magical to see white fall from the grey sky. It is with this vision that I bring you into my January reading wrap up, where I will write about the books I've read so far this year. I've been thinking about how I can do a wrap-up type post for a while, I was going to make is a seasonal wrap up but in the end I've gone with monthly, although we'll see if I stick to it!


January was a weird reading month for me. I started the month reading The Call by Edith Aryton Zangwill, a very slow read. I liked it but it did disappoint me a little. I then read a book club book and my first ARC, both great reads. Next I read The Raid, a short story by Leo Tolstoy which was just mind-blowing. That was followed up by another book club book and a french book! It was a whirlwind month that flew by and I barely read anything in the first two weeks and then read loads! I also didn't read any particularly bad books or any amazing ones. I loved The Raid by Leo Tolstoy, but it is only a short story, so I'm not sure if it counts!

I didn't read as much as I wanted to and not everything went to plant but overall it was an alright reading month for me. Apart from reading it was a very cosy month, although things didn't always go to plan with school and everything!

Blog wise, it was amazing! I struggled to stick to schedule because I had so many ideas and I had several lovely comments and a good amount of views. Thanks Everyone! I also redesigned the main page quite a lot! It was very spontaneous but I love how it turned out!


Number Of Books Read: 5

Classics: 2

YA: 3

Other: 0


Favourite Book: 


Review for this one is up soon!


Least Favourite:

                 
Not sure is there will be a review for this, it
wasn't bad at all, in fact I rather liked it! There were
just other books that topped it.
                                     

Most Impacting:


You can read my review for this here! I just had to create an entire category for this book!


Currently Reading: 

A French book to tick off my goal of
 reading more French books this year!


Next, I'm hoping to read:



January Highlights:

- SNOW! (see the seasonal photos!)

- Taking part in my first Top Ten Tuesday!

- Reading more blogs and finding new ideas


Things I'm looking forward to in February:

- Taking part in a book tour (eek!)

- Reading more on my kindle (maybe I should write a post about that?)

- Hopefully reading some more amazing books :)


Seasonal Photos:

I haven't got many photos from winter so far so I don't think there will be a seasonal photo diary so I am going to share a few of my favourite wintery photos here...


We started this post with snow turning into rain, but part way through January we had snow that set. It happened when I was at school and everyone ran outside. I had a snowball fight with my friends and of course some idiot thought it was hilarious to set the fire alarm off so we all had to stand on the field in the snow! I think it's something I'll always remember!

Credit: my beautiful friend, you know who you are! Thank you
 so much for agreeing to me using these photos on here!


Unfortunately, it didn't snow where I live specifically, only where I go to school as it is higher up! My friend managed to get photos!


Books Boughts/Recieved

I found this one in my local book exchange. I've heard a lot
about it on BookTube so I hope it will be a good read!

This was my first ever ARC book! It was so exciting and to say
I was happy when I received the email would be an understatement!


I also received this one...

I found this on Amazon Prime for free, a great find
seeing as I've been meaning to read it for AGES!


I also picked up this stack of books from various places by using some of my vouchers which I got for Christmas. 

I went to my favourite local independent bookshop and bought You'll Be The Death Of Me, which is another one of Karen. M. McManus' books. I've read all her others and although I loved One Of Us Is Lying, One Of Us Is Next and Two Can Keep A Secret I was disappointed by The Cousins but I knew I wanted to give her another chance. 

I also got Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, which is one of my closest friend's favourite books. She convinced me to read it and I have heard a lot about it so I'm excited to give this a go.

I was pleased to find The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne. I've heard SO MUCH about Holly Bourne in the YA Blogging community and I want to give her a go. This book sounds awesome so I can't wait to give it a try!

The last book I found at the independent bookshop was Passing by Nella Larson. This book sounds good and it's quite short so shouldn't be too hard to get through! It also grows my Penguin English Library editions, which is always such a joy! 

I love visiting my local independent bookshop and I wrote a whole post about it here! It's such a special place and I can't wait to go again sometime!

I still had a bit of money left and I wanted to have a quick look in WHSmith. I don't love it as a bookshop but it has some good titles sometimes. I got The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein! I've been wanting to read this for quite a while and I CAN'T WAIT! I've only read Letters From Father Christmas from him so far and I loved it so I have high hopes for this!

We also dropped some books in our two local phone box book exchanges. While we were there I found The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier! It just adds to my Du Maurier collection and although I will probably read Frenchman's Creek first, it's nice to have them there for when I want them!

Overall, it was a very successful trip! I came out the other end with six new books, all of which I'm very eager to read! 

As you can see, I am also reading a lot more on my kindle because of ARC books!



I've really enjoyed compiling post and I think it's something I want to continue! I quite like the way I just share the books and you can go off and read my reviews of them- otherwise I would just repeat myself, which I feel like I do a lot anyway!


Getting to the end of January feels very surreal, it went very fast! At the same time, I'm ready to start over in February and hopefully read some awesome books! I have been loving writing my blog and that has probably shown by the amount of posts there have been! 


Thank you so much for all your ongoing support. Exciting things are coming to my blog very soon!


Let's chat!

What books did you read in January? Have you read any of the ones mentioned?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments