Top Ten Tuesday | Books On my Autumn 2022 TBR

Hi Everyone!

After sharing my Victober TBR last week, this week's Top Ten Tuesday could not be more perfect! I am sharing the books that I want to read this Autumn (the real topic title says "fall" but I'm English and that wouldn't feel right! Anyway, I am of course reading Victorian books during October for the Victober readathon, which you can read more about here!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


1. Vera by Elizabeth Von Arnim 

I heard that this was the perfect Autumnal read - similar to Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier and I didn't read it last year so I'm hoping that this year will be the one! 

2. Poems For Every Autumn Day by Allie Esiri

I've already started this and really like it so far. There is in fact a poem for every morning and one for every evening, so I've been enjoying reading them! My sister has the winter and summer ones but I'm still missing the spring one so we'll have to get that soon! 

3. How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne

This is part of the Spinster Club series, which I've read the first book of, Am I Normal Yet?, which I really liked so I'm excited to continue the series and read a book written from the perspective of a different character. This is a series about feminism and mental health and I highly recommend, particularly for teenage girls! 

4. Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Literally everyone in the YA book world has read and loved this book and I've been saying for how long now that I'm going to read it? Over a year! I have it on my shelf, it just hasn't quite found it's way to my bedside table yet....So I'm putting it on this list in the hopes that I will read it, but you can't rush these things! 

5. Nothing More to Tell by Karen .M .McManus

I know very little about this book, but it's a new Karen .M .McManus so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. She best known for being the author of One Of Us Is Lying, but I've read her other books too and really liked them so hoping to love this one!

6. Moonrise by Sarah Crossan

I read One by this author and LOVED that so picked this one up, which out of all the ones on this list, is probably the one I'll read next! We'll see though, a part of me is tempted by Six Of Crows (*gasp*) but I'm not sure....Anyway, this does sound like one I'll enjoy so looking forward to reading it soon! 

7. Checkmate by Malorie Blackman (Noughts and Crosses #3)

I've had this book on my shelves since last summer when I finished the second book in the series, Knife Edge, but haven't yet had the courage to read it because I needed time to process Knife Edge! Unfortunately, I can't actually remember much of Knife Edge now, so maybe I've left it a bit too long but I want to try to read this in the next few months anyway! 

8. Persuasion by Jane Austen

I haven't read a Jane Austen this year yet so I would love to read this one before the end of the year. I hope I do get to it, but if I don't, I will likely read it early next year! 

9. Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day by Winifed Watson

I'm excited for this one and I think I'll read it soon. It's reasonably short and set over the course of one day - a concept I really like! This is also in the beautiful Persephone Books edition, which I love so much! 


10. Books That I Don't Read During Victober! 

I won't get to all the books mentioned in my Victober TBR post during October, so I may read some of those books in November instead - it just depends on how much I manage to read in October! 


Around The Blogosphere: 

 If you have taken part in Top Ten Tuesday this week then please comment and link your post - I will check them out if I haven't already! 



Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, and I hope you are well. Happy TTT!


Have you read any of these book? Are any of them on your TBR? What books do you want to read this Autumn? Link your TTT below!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I went to Waterstones (which is always casual magic) but this time I saw a girl from my class and I was just so surprised and it was so nice to chat to her for a couple minutes!

Comments

  1. Geat post here is mine: http://mybookworld24.com/2022/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-upcoming-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that I'll love it - let's hope it becomes my favourite! Thank you and you too ;)

      Delete
  3. Great list. You picked interesting books to read this Fall. Six Of Crows is one of my favorite books. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-on-my-fall-2022-to-read-list/
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so many people love it and I am so hoping that I will too! I'll check out your post ;) Thank you and you too! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Six of Crows sounds good.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really does which is why I'm so excited to read it!
      I'll visit your post! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I like your list! Persuasion is one of my favorite Austen reads, and I'm intrigued by Checkmate, though I guess I need to read the previous two books first. Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so annoyed because this comment for some reason ended up in my spam so I didn't see it! I really can't wait for Persuasion, so I'm glad to hear it's one of your favourites! Yes, Noughts and Crosses is a series you have to read in order! You're welcome :)

      Delete
  6. That poetry book sounds awesome. I love seasonal poetry. I'm going to put that on my TBR list. I have only read one Jane Austen book - Pride and Prejudice. I loved it. I am planning to read all of her books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seasonal poetry really is so special - highly recommend this collection! I've read three Jane Austen's now but Pride and Prejudice remains my favourite! Good to hear you loved it and are planning to read all her books! I want to read all of hers but it's sad too because then I won't have any more Austen stories to discover! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I just loved Six of Crows, I hope you do too. You have a lot of wonderful books on your TBR for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people love it and I really hope that I will! Thank you, I'm very excited about everything that Autumn has to offer! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment!

      Delete
  8. I hope you enjoy Persuasion. I didn't like it as much as the other three I've read--P&P, Mansfield Park, and Northanger Abbey. I still need to read Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse trilogies. I've heard such great things about them. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    Here's my list: TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame, but we all have different tastes and everyone definitely seems to have a particular Jane Austen favourite! I've heard amazing things about Leigh Bardugo's books too. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by! I'll check out your list, sorry for the very late reply.

      Delete
  9. I enjoy many of the Austen adaptations but haven't read the books (well, except for "Sense & Sensibility"), but "Persuasion" does seem like a great autumn read! Also, "Six of Crows" always seems like an autumn read to me as well. :) Hope you enjoy all of these, and thanks for visiting my website on this week. Apologies it took this long to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'll get to Persuasion in November, but we'll see how I feel! Good to hear you think Six Of Crows seems like it's good for Autumn, it's been on my TBR so long it's a little ridiculous! Thank you and you're welcome ;)

      Don't worry about the time - I am not the fastest either and life just gets in the way sometimes! Thanks for taking the time to comment back!

      Delete
  10. Good luck with the readathon! I thought about joining, but I'm working too many hours in October. I doubt I'll get much reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think I'm going to read many books in October for the readathon, but you only have to read one to count and I'm focusing on quality over quantity! Hope you still get to read something good in October! Happy reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment