Weekly Wrap Up || i watched young royals, a bit of a reading slump and new persephone books

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to a bit of a different post, where I want to share how my week has gone. I mainly wanted to talk about a TV show I've been watching and recently finished and so thought it would be fun to combine it with a bit of a chat about the last week and how it's gone for me. 




The last weeks have been busy with school, but I think I also put a lot of pressure on myself with school, and something that I've been forcing myself to do is do something fun for me every evening. After some of my friends were raving about a new season of Netflix show Young Royals, I decided to give it a go. 

Oh my gosh, I love it so much! It is a show originally filmed in Swedish, but dubbed in English and I love that aspect so much too, because all the character's names and stuff are Swedish and are just so beautiful! I get butterflies just thinking about it all! 

It tells the story of Prince Wilhelm, who goes to a posh boarding school. There he meets Simon (pronounced S-ee-mon, not S-eye-mon), and they fall in love. 

It is basically Heartstopper and Red White and Royal Blue merged into one. My friend even described it as "Heartstopper and Red White and Royal Blue had a child together", and it's scarily true! It's SO GOOD though, from the plotline to the Sweedish accents to the themes addressed and the way that this was done....truly a masterpiece of a show. 

I liked how it didn't focus on the "coming out" aspect or labels, as many LGBT shows do, including Heartstopper. It had more of a focus on love and acceptance and that was truly beautiful.

If you love Heartstopper and/or Red White and Royal Blue, then PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW - it's absolutely fantastic and a new favourite of mine!!




The last month of so I guess I've been in a bit of a reading slump, and so reading Red White and Royal Blue has been a first break away from that cycle. Whether I got into being unmotivated because of how I feel like I failed Victober or because of the books I was reading, I don't know, it's probably a result of them both! 

Anyway, I'm back into reading now, and UGH Red White and Royal Blue is TOTALLY worth the hype! I can't wait to rave about it to you in the next few weeks!



We had a lovely visit from some family friends recently, who as a belated birthday present, gifted me two STUNNING Persephone books! I love the Persephone Bookshop in Bath so much, and actually went there recently with a friend as part of our day out in Bath and visit to the Jane Austen Centre, which you can read more about here.




The ones I got were No Surrender by Constance Maud and The Diary Of A Provincial Lady by E.M. Delafield. I can't wait to read them, as well as the other Persephone books on my shelves that I haven't got to yet! If you don't know, Persephone is an independent publisher, aiming to publish underrated 20th century women authors. I love what they stand for and so far the books I've read from them have been incredible! 


Around The Blogosphere: 

- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books shared 20 Books To Gift to the YA Contemporary Lovers in Your Life - click here! I'm so glad that I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman was featured because it deserves so much love, and I basically want to read all of these now! 

- Yesha @ Books Teacup Reviews shared her thoughts on Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, a favourite of mine - click here!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. It's a bit of a different one but I hope you found some joy from my ramblings. Let me know if you've read Red White and Royal Blue, watched Young Royals or have any Persephone books and which ones you recommend! I hope you are all well and I'll be back next week!


Have you read Red White and Royal Blue? Have you been to the Persephone Bookshop? Have you ever been in a reading slump? Have you watched Young Royals? 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I walked up to the bus stop alone today, rather than with my sister and I listened to music. I put on the same songs as I used to when I walked alone and watched the world go by. There was a beautiful light on the church as I walked past and a mist hung in the air - so atmospheric and very nostalgic! 


(not that I don't love having company on my walk to the bus stop every morning!)

Comments

  1. I love reading these kind of posts! I really need to watch Young Royals sometime, I keep on hearing fantastic things about the show overall :)
    Thank you so, so much for sharing my post, so happy you enjoyed it so much!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please watch Young Royals - you (hopefully) won't regret it! You're welcome, your blog is such an inspiration to me ;) Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment <3

      Delete
  2. I have started watching Young Royals a few weeks ago and I loved it too!! Thank you for this great post!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you've watched it! It's amazing and you're welcome :)))

      Delete
  3. I'm going to check out Young Royals on Netflix. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and can't get enough of it so I hope you enjoy it ! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment