YA BOOKS TO HEAL YOUR SOUL || 5 YA books to add to your TBR right now

Hi Everyone!
Today I am bringing you YA books to heal your soul. These are books that are filled with friendship, romance and joy and I hope that if you are in need of a little magic, these books will bring it to you.

1. The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie 

This book is one of my favourites and it's such a happy comforting read! This is about a book club who go on a literary road trip - need I say more? The characters in this book are my best friends and I love rereading the books and spending more time with these characters. If I could live inside this book, I would! 

2. Heartstopper by Alice Oseman

I'm sure you've heard of this one by now! I have been screaming about it in this little corner of the internet for almost two years now, but since this year it was turned into a TV show, it's popularity has grown hugely and it has become one of the staple pieces of YA. It's one of my favourite books and TV series on the face of the earth and if it was within my power to force everyone to read this, then I totally would! I've convinced so many of my friends too and they all love it too, so there is no reason why you wouldn't! It's INCREDIBLE and I hope you pick it up, it'll be worth it! 

3. Afterlove by Tanya Byrne

Okay, this is just a list of favourites at this point! UGH I cannot even express to which point this book is perfection! It is about two girls who fall in love, but then one of them, the narrator, dies and becomes a reaper, taking the city's souls to await their fate. But she can't forget her first love and will do anything to spend just another day with her. Such an amazing portrayal of young love and loss and THE ENDING WAS SOUL-DESTROYING BUT SO BEAUTIFUL.

4. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Another absolute all time favourite, this is a Harry Potter style story of a young wizard, Simon Snow, the "chosen one" to save the magical community from a beast that has been sucking the magic out of the world. Simon also has to deal with his infuriating roommate, who he is sure is a vampire and didn't even bother showing up to his final year, his girlfriend breaking up with him and his mentor avoiding him. This is such a believable story because of how connected the magical world is to the non-magical world and IT'S SO GOOD. TRUST ME.

5. With The Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo

This is just SUCH an incredible book. This follows Emoni as she navigates life as a high school senior and young mother, which is very tough. The one place she can let it loose is in the kitchen, where feels most at home. She signs up for her school's culinary arts class knowing that she doesn't have the money for their trip to Spain, but is still determined to follow her dreams as a chef. This is such a joyous book and makes you want to cook! It's got a wonderful grandmother-granddaughter relationship and is effortlessly diverse. There is also a romance element, but it isn't the main plot focus, which I really appreciate. 


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, we are almost at the end of my week long series now! Tomorrow I am taking part in a book tour (eek!) so make sure to stay tuned for that! I hope you will consider reading some of these YA recommendations. They are all such happy, but at the same time realistic and moving stories and I want more people to read them! Happy reading!! 


Have you read any of these books? Do you want to? Which sound interesting to you? What are your favourite happy/positive books?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I caught up with a friend today, we talked about everything from friendships, to mental health, to tarot cards and our love languages. We also used the 36 Questions to fall in love, which creates such meaningful conversations and we ended up talking for ages about a few of the questions so highly recommend for more meaningful chats <3.

36 Questions to Fall In Love - we weren't trying to fall in love obviously, they're just great conversation starters!!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to finally read Heartstopper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I'm so happy you finally got it! You will HAVE to let me know when you're reading it and what you think, and we can have something else to gush about!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but I do have Heartstopper on my TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartstopper is incredible, it's such a beautiful read, and in my opinion they get better as you go along! Let me know once you do read it, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
  3. My sister has already read The Paper and Hearts Society, but I've never really enjoyed it, but now I want to retry it!! Thanks for your recommendations! xoxo
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES please give it another go! The bookish roadtrip visits Bath and the Jane Austen Centre! You really must give it another chance ;)

      Delete
  4. Seems like I read about Lucy Powrie's book once. Not sure but I love the title so it's one I do need to look up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it's an absolute favourite of mine so I hope you pick it up!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment