YA Book Review: The Cousins by Karen. M. McManus

 Hi Everyone!

This is yet another young adult book, I've been on a bit of a YA binge before Victober! This is by the same author of One Of Us Is Lying and One Of Us Is Next as well as Two Can Keep A Secret. I really enjoyed both of these and I was so excited to read The Cousins, which is her most recent release.

This follows three cousins as they are invited to spend time working at their grandmother's plush resort. The grandmother that disinherited their parents and has been such a mystery all their lives. But as they get there, things seem off and soon secrets are uncovered that lead to more lies and questions...


The beginning of this book didn't enthrall me. It was quite slow and I didn't really care for the characters but as I read more and more of it I started to enjoy it more, though they did frustrate me because I was guessing and piecing together the mystery ages before them! By the end though, I did feel attached to them and I was pleased by the ending, but not really totally invested in the story, which was a shame because there were aspects that were brilliant! 

It was a good read but nothing special and I definitely prefer Karen. M. McManus'  other books. I still recommend it because it's a good read but if you want to read a murder mystery then it's probably best to go for one of her other books. I will read what else she writes but if I don't enjoy that then maybe I'll think again!

I ended up rating it 4 stars on Goodreads which is still a decent rating and I'm very easy with my ratings anyway! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I'll be back on Sunday!




Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments