Halloween Book Recommendations 🎃 | the eerie, creepy and mysterious books on my shelves

Hi Everyone!

I was going to do a 5 books that... post but I thought it would be too similar to my 5 books that...are perfect for Autumn post so I thought I would just give a few creepy book recommendations (which there co-incidentally turned out to be 5 of!I made sure there wasn't any crossover with that post, and also these are all shorter books that you can read in anything from an hour or two to a few days so you can still be in the Halloween spirit! I will hopefully be on the ferry coming back from France when this post comes out and maybe even reading some creepy books of my own!


1. The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe

This is a collection of 3 short stories by Edgar Allen Poe. I read them earlier this year and thought they were perfect for Halloween! It is short so not a big commitment and I really want to reread them at some point because I feel like when I read them for the first time I wasn't really in the right mindset! 


2. Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell

This is a book I am currently reading as part of the Victober readathon! I should have finished it by now and maybe I will as I'm writing this in advance because I'm going away. I enjoyed some of the stories but some are honestly not holding my attention! But you can always pick through them and only read the ones you are really interested in and save the others for a later date. They are, as the title suggests, Gothic short stories by author Elizabeth Gaskell who I just LOVE! 


3. The Company Of Ghosts by Berlie Doherty

Moving briefly away from classics now, this is a book I read for my school book club last year and we were actually given it again because I'm in a different group this time. You can see my review for it here! It is about Ellie who by a series of events ends up on a haunted island...it was engaging and fun, just overall a perfect book for Halloween! 


4. The Hound Of The Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I think this is another book perfect for Halloween because of the elements of the supernatural. This is a Sherlock Holmes book but it has a very creepy and unsettling feeling about it. It is such a good story too and many of you have perhaps read Sherlock Holmes already, but if you haven't then this is where I started and it's amazing! You can see my review here!


5. Agatha Christie Murder Mysteries

Continuing the Murder theme, I think Agatha Christie books are also very creepy! I find them really interesting too and just wonderful all round! I would recommend And Then There Were None, but all Agatha Christie books are wonderful! I find most of mine in charity shops, my local phone box library and any other second hand book shop! You can read a post all about how I find Agatha Christie books here and my summer reading wrap up from 2020 when I read And Then There Were None for the first time here (you will need to scroll down a bit!). 




That's it for now! It's also the end of Victober so I will be writing my Victober Wrap Up post soon too! I hope you have taken some creepy book recommendations away from today's post, let me know what you think if you do read any! 

Happy Halloween!


Side Note: Apologies for the font, I know it's harder to read colour wise but I wanted to make this post feel creepy and this definitely adds to it, also I just love the type writer effect!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


Comments