CASUAL MAGIC ✨ || how to see the world more positively

Hi Everyone!

We are told to make the most of every day as if it was your last, but the reality is that most days are just "normal" days completing the same tasks and thinking the same thoughts. Sometimes this really gets the better of me. The routine of school-weekend-school-weekend is so monotonous and you just wonder when will it end. That's when you spiral into thinking that you still have all this ahead of you and that this feeling will most likely be felt throughout your work life too. One of my favourite YouTubers, UnJaded Jade, talks a lot about the concept of casual magic and today I wanted to share some thoughts on it.

This is very different to my usual bookish content but I do want to share other things too and other thoughts I've been having and this comes under that category.

Background image: taken by yours truly in one
of my favourite places. This was casual magic
 before I even knew it existed.


So, what is "casual magic" and can it really change the way I think about my life and school/work? Yes, casual magic I truly believe can make you happier and I will now explain what it is.

The meaning of casual magic is simply finding joy in the little things and small everyday things that can be special. 

This can be as simple as someone saying hello in the street, or the daffodils lining the road, or even the formation of the clouds that you find really pretty today. Whatever it is, casual magic is about taking the time to find them and consciously appreciate them. 

This is also very much the same idea as thinking about what you are grateful for. However, casual magic is easier, in my opinion, to practise, become better at and remember to do. 
It is such a simple thing and maybe you do it sub-consciously anyway, which is great. I didn't though and it wasn't until I found UnJaded Jade that I started to realise the power of it. It's become something I can't not do. When I'm walking on my way to school and I see some casual magic, it makes my day feel so much brighter. 

It is all about making the everyday special and making the most of everything, however big or small. It's about not only living for an exotic holiday aboard because that may only happen from time to time and you are just wasting away the "normal" days. 

Some days my casual magic is a bird hopping across the road and gracefully flying away in front of me, whereas other days it may be something much bigger such as a stunning sunset over a beautiful beach like the image above. Whatever it is, only you can see it and appreciate it in your way and I guarantee it will make you a much happier person. 

 DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND WATCH THIS FIVE MINUTE VIDEO FROM UNJADED JADE 




It's also very much about your outlook on the world. So instead of thinking "I have so many assessments I need to revise for", you can think "Wow, look at those clouds...they're so beautiful but now I'm going to revise for my assessments" and it just makes you so much more positive. 

When you're at school and passively looking out the window, look for some casual magic to bring you back into the moment and appreciate the greater things as well as focusing back on the class you are in. It's a small thing - but I believe that through consciously looking for things to be happy about, you will view the world more positively and be happier. Yes, there are huge problems and over the last two years especially, the world has been a very scary place. But this is a way to train your brain to look for the small things to be grateful for.


I'm not saying it will always make you feel amazing because sometimes you feel down and that's okay. It's more about the in between, the moments that more often than not go unnoticed. They are still a part of your life, it's just making them matter too.

Casual magic has the power to make the mundane everyday beautiful and I hope some of you will take something away from this - I couldn't resist sharing!

I hope you are having a great day and I wish you very happy reading, casual magic seeking and whatever else you happen to be doing at the moment. 



Have you heard of Casual Magic before? Is it something you do already? If not, do you think you might start? How are  you doing?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. at the end of every post, I'm now going to share some casual magic so look out for that...

Comments

  1. I also recently found out about casual magic and find it so inspiring. Can't wait to see the casual magic at the end of every post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you find out about it via UnJaded Jade? She's amazing! Thank you so much for all of your support Freya!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did find out about it through one of her recent videos. I don't tend to watch much YouTube, but it just so happened that that video was one of the ones I clicked on

      Delete
    3. I love her so much! That video is perfection 😌

      Delete
  2. Nice post Zoe! I've been working on trying to find more joy in the smaller things in life. This really helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Finding joy in the little things is so important and I love this concept! A bit of a different post but I'm glad to hear you found it useful!

      Delete

Post a Comment