How I find Agatha Christie books and a recent Miss Marple mystery

Hi Everyone! 

I wanted to talk about a recent Agatha Christie book  I read but there are so many Agatha Christie novels that you probably haven't read this one and may find it difficult to buy, especially if your method of finding Agatha Christie books is similar to mine. If not, maybe this will give you some ideas.

My Agatha Christie journey started this summer when I read And Then There Were None, probably one of Agatha Christie's best known works. I then read The Body In The Library and The Moving Finger in the Autumn and more recently At Bertram's Hotel.

I enjoyed all of these so much and I now really love Agatha Christie. She is possibly the cheapest author to read too. I found all of my Agatha Christie books in either the old phone box that's been turned into a library at the top of my road or in a used book shop.

The ones from the library phone box are free and I paid very little for the one I got in a used book shop. I think these initiatives are wonderful and I love the fact all my Agatha Christie books have completely broken spines and bent pages. By chance three of my collection are from the same edition too.

I think that especially with classics you can find them really cheaply so I really encourage you to use these facilities. Agatha Christie has a very accessible writing style so as a beginner in reading more  classics they are easier to read. 

I think that sometimes the lesser known Agatha Christie are better as they are unspoilt and I really loved At Bertram's Hotel because first of all the setting was exquisite and as always the plot was pure genius.  

Agatha Christie also wrote an autobiography which I managed to find in the phone box and I can't wait to read it. She is one of my favourite authors and I highly recommend getting stuck into a good murder mystery and to possibly seek out a few of her lesser known works.

There was a fascinating video recently from a booktuber I love when she goes to all the book boxes in her city and trades in books. It was really surprising as to how many there were! She is American but the concept still stands. This is exactly the kind of place that in the UK you could find Agatha Christie books. You can watch it here . All the book boxes she goes to are so cute and artistic!

I hope you have liked this post all about Agatha Christie and book boxes!



Comments