CLASSICS I WANT TO READ BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR | classics tbr

 Hi Everyone! 

At the time of writing this, we are nearly halfway though Victober and I still have so much that I want to read! So I've compiled a few classics I want to read before the end of 2021. This doesn't include Victober because I feel like you all already know my plans with regards to what else I want to read, but if you don't you can see my previous posts that go over it all.



1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I CAN'T WAIT to read this book and I'm sure you'll hear all about it! I would love to read it before the end of the year but I also want to appreciate it so if I'm not in the mood then I'll give it a miss. I'm pretty obsessed with Emily Bronte's poetry and although I know that her novel is very different, I'm hoping to find some atmospheric descriptions and gripping storylines in Wuthering Heights, which would be similar to some of her poems. My current favourite book of all time is Jane Eyre so I'm excited to see if Wuthering Heights will top it! You can see my review for Jane Eyre here! I am pretty nervous to read this but also SO EXCITED and I can't wait to share it all with you!

2. The Death Of Ivan Ilyich and other stories by Leo Tolstoy

I read another collection of Leo Tolstoy's short stories and really liked them so I want to read some more! I want to dip my toe in Tolstoy and I've heard that his short stories are a good place to start, seeing as I'm not going to read any of his big novels anytime soon! I hope I'll get to this but if not, this will role onto 2022 when I will hopefully read some Russian classics! You can see my reveiew for How Much Land Does A Man Need and What Men Live By here!

3. To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens

This is Victorian (I mean it's Dickens!) but I'm not sure if I'll get to it before the end of October for it to count towards Victober. It's another short story and I've read two Dickens novels now so I just want some more theatrical writing! You can see my review for Great Expectations here and my review for Oliver Twist here.

4. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Continuing the Dickens theme, we have A Christmas Carol! This is obviously going to be one I read at Christmas time so I'm excited for that! I know the story so I'm hoping it will be an easier read, and hopefully one that will get me in the Christmas spirit! I want to make more of an effort to read seasonal books so this will also help with that!

5. They Came To Bagdad by Agatha Christie

This is another Agatha Christie that I wanted to read this summer but never got round to, so hopefully I will before 2022! I really enjoy Agatha Christie, although her books are never very memorable (except And Then There Were None!). I picked this up in my local old phone box book exchange. You can read more in a very messy post all about how I find Agatha Christie books by clicking here!


I hope I will get to at least 2, hopefully 3 and ideally all of these before the end of the year. Do you have any books you want to read before the end of the year? Let me know in the comments!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments