2023 TRAVEL PLANS || 5 countries!!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to a bit of a different post, where I wanted to share my travel plans for this year. I have SO MANY trips which honestly happened completely by accident, and as I'm coming into the last few years of secondary school and as it's been very disrupted due to the dreaded virus, two of the trips are with school. I'm SO EXCITED for all of these, so stay tuned to hear about them because there will definitely be travel content this year!!

I don't want to brag or make it seem like I am showing off about all the places I'm going this year, that is not at all my intention. I just want to share my travels with you, because it's an important part of my life and I want to be able to share it with you!





Country 1: France

I didn't mention it very much on here, but my first trip of 2023 was a skiing trip in February half term, which was just so special and I had a fantastic time with my family and friends. I love skiing so much and it'd been a while since I'd been snow skiing so it felt so good to be back in the mountains! 



Country 2: Iceland!!

This is a trip I've been looking forward to for over a year now. I take Geography at GCSE and as part of that we are going to Iceland! I have never been and I am so so excited to learn about it all, and spend time with some of my closest friends coming on the trip! I will probably share some thoughts on here after the trip, but I absolutely can't wait (even though I have to travel all through the night to get there and will be EXHAUSTED!!).



Country 3: Germany

My best friend lives in Berlin, so in May, I'm going to visit her for a week! I'm going to spend time with her, obviously, but also hopefully going to her German school for a few days! This is very scary, especially as I'm going on the plane alone for the first time (ahhh). I am learning German though, and have been for two and a half years, so I'm excited to be in a German speaking community, despite the fact that Berlin is, of course, very international!



Back to France....

I am half French, so I do spend a lot of time in France, and this summer I am doing one week of work experience over there, as well as two weeks volunteering in a sailing club, which I also did last summer (click here to read all about it). I'll be staying with my grandma too, which is always such a special time.



Country 4: Holland

I have never been to Holland, but this summer I am going for 3 weeks with my family! I'm so excited to spend such a long time with them and also to discover Holland!




Country 5: Austria

I think I did go to Austria when I was little, but I don't remember, and I was lucky enough to be offered a school skiing trip in Austria! I absolutely love skiing and I've never skied anywhere other than France so it's going to be a bit of a change. It's also much bigger than any resort I've been in before so that's very exciting (but also slightly scary). I have a few friends hopefully going on the trip too, so it'll be a fantastic trip!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post!! 2023 is an INSANE year for travel for me, and I'm really looking forward to all of it, especially before next year which will have to be a lot more study orientated! Thank you for joining me in another week and I will be back very soon.


Are you going anywhere abroad this year? Any exciting staycations planned? Have you visited any of the countries I am going to this year? What did you think of them?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I read in bed for AGES this morning which felt SO GOOD. It's been too long since I last did that. Making time for reading is becoming increasingly difficult and moments like this remind me how much I love it <33

Comments

  1. All these trips sound so exciting, and I can't wait to hear about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty insane year!! Yes, can't wait to catch up soon - I'll have to tell you all about Iceland, I leave tomorrow so I'll definitely send you photos ;) Thank you so much for taking the time to read xx

      Delete

Post a Comment