Victober 2022 TBR // reading victorian literature in october 🍂

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my Victober TBR! This is a bit of a different post because I wanted to share what victorian literature I'll be reading in October through a small video I have created. It is in the style of BookTok/YouTube Shorts, where I get lots of recommendations and ideas for books. It's not something I've ever done before, but I love filming and editing so I thought I would give this a try! 

For those of you who don't know what Victober is, then check out my previous post which will give you more information! Click here!




Please keep in mind that I definitely won't read all of these! They are just the options for books I would like to try to read. I won't read both Villette and Shirley by Charlotte Bronte, but I would love to read one or the other so I put them both on to give me options. I also don't want a super strict TBR - I just have a bunch of Victorian books that I'm aiming to read in October! 

I am also not sure if this video will play - if it doesn't then I am very sorry and I will try to solve this ASAP! 




1. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
2. Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell
3. A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
4. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
5. To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens
6. The Complete Poems Of Emily Bronte (Penguin Classics)

Challenge wise, I'm not entirely sure how they fit either! 

- I don't think any of them have disability representation, however I may be very wrong on this. Obviously I have not read the books so don't know what kind of representation is present.

- I don't think any of them count as a coming of age story, possibly Villette?

- I do have the short story one covered, because Gothic Tales is a collection of short stories that I started as part of Victober last year and never finished and To Be Read At Dusk is a short story by Charles Dickens.

- If I read Villette, I will try to watch an adaptation of it to count for the read a book and watch an adaptation of it prompt.

- I will be dipping in and out of The Complete Poems of Emily Bronte and not reading the whole thing but I think it still counts for this prompt to read poetry!



Around The Blogosphere: 

- Not many bloggers take part in Victober (if anyone knows of any let me know and I can add them!) but definitely check out the five hosts on BookTube: 







Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and definitely let me know what you are planning to read during Victober! I'm certainly very excited! Happy Victober! 



Are you taking part in Victober? What are you reading? Have you read any of my picks?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

My school has just had a new main block built and the new library was still being sorted last time I went in there - so there were no books on the shelves and it was all very much work in progress. However,  I went in there today and saw the shelves filled with books, including so many of my very favourites. Seeing all the Heartstopper books and Alice Oseman books made me especially happy! I hope many students get to discover these stories just as I have!

Comments

  1. The video worked great! You have a nice pleasant voice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to hear! I'm so glad it worked well - it's always a little scary to share something new or at least in a new way! Thank you so much for always taking the time to comment!

      Zoë x

      Delete

Post a Comment