VICTOBER 2022 || announcement & challenges

Hi Everyone!

It's that time of the year again, the forest floor is a carpet of autumnal browns and oranges and some fantastic BookTubers have announced their challenges for Victober 2022. This is my third Victober and I am so excited to get into all the Victorian books.




This year, Katie and Kate have brought three new hosts into the challenge, and Lucy from her channel LucyTheReader, which is quite possibly my favourite BookTube channel, has decided to step back. So this year, the hosts are:

Katie from her channel Books and Things - click here!
Kate from her channel Kate Howe - click here!
Ros from her channel Scallydandling about the Books - click here!
Marissa from her channel Blatantly Bookish - click here!
Petra from her channel Petra U. - click here!

If you don't know, Victober is a month long readathon that takes place in October, where the aim is to read Victorian literature. There is a challenge set by each of the hosts and a group read, as well as a Goodreads group, where people share TBRs and recommendations. 

Goodreads Group - click here!

There are videos from each of the hosts on their channels, announcing their challenges and sharing recommendations. 


The Challenges:


Kate’s challenge: Read a Victorian work with chronic illness or disability representation

Katie’s challenge: Read a Victorian Bildungsroman/coming of age story

Marissa’s challenge: Read a Victorian short story

Petra’s challenge: Read a Victorian book and watch a screen adaptation of it

Ros’s challenge: Read a work of Victorian poetry, long or short



Group Read:  The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy

 (2 chapters a day 1st to 23rd October)

I am so excited for Victober, and will definitely be posting lots of Victorian literature themed content during October so stay tuned for that! If you want to take part, all you have to do is read British or Irish books written during the reign of Queen Victoria, so 1837 - 1901. There are of course the challenges, but these are completely optional, although many books will fit into at least one of the challenges. 

I recommend joining the Goodreads group, where a lot of the action is happening and where you can discuss what you're reading with everyone, it is linked above. 


I truly hope some of you will consider taking part, even just reading one Victorian book counts! If you do, I would love to know what you read and what you thought! I will be sharing some recommendations very soon and of course my TBR. 

Thank you so much for being here and I hope you are all well. Happy reading!



Have you taken part in Victober before? Are you taking part this year? What are your favourite Victorian books?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

Today was my last day in France, so I went to the market with my grandma. It's something I try to do every year but don't always get the chance. 

Comments

  1. Hi Z! Love your post. I will take part! ;) I already have a lot on my plate but I’ll read one at least! Anne-Laure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let me know what you do read!! One is totally okay and still means you're taking part - if you need recommendations, the Goodreads group is a great place to start. I don't know how many I'll be able to read but quality over quantity!

      Delete
  2. I had not heard of Victober before! I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mainly a BookTube thing, but some bloggers take part too, so i'm not surprised if you don't watch BookTube then you won't have heard of it! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment