Top Ten Tuesday | One word in anticipation

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday. I seem to start every post nowadays saying that I am behind schedule and struggling, and yet this is once again true because I am writing this Tuesday morning before school. 

This week's topic is "Books I Was So Excited to get....but haven't read yet". I like this topic but I did really enjoy the one word reviews from a couple weeks ago, so I thought, partly to save time and partly for the fun, I could recreate this with one word about why I haven't read the book yet or one word why I am looking forward to reading it. I have alternated the two and included a little explanation about why this word is relevant!

I am sorry to say that I won't be able to participate much this evening, because I have a lot on and unfortunately school has to come first. I think once I get past the next few weeks, it should calm down again and I can get back to posting much more!

Please still leave comments with your link, I will try my absolute best to read your posts, although this will most likely be done on Wednesday. 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl  It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


1. Checkmate by Malorie Blackman

Why I haven't read it yet: scared

This last book in the series was very dark and I am scared that bad things will keep happening to the characters that I love so dearly!

2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Why I am excited to read it: hype

One of my friends, along with most of the bookish internet, loves this book and I really want to read it for her sake and that of all the times I have commented on blogs saying I will read it soon. I will!

3. Passing by Nella Larson

Why I haven't read it yet: hard

I think this book could be too hard for me to read, both in language and themes....I still do really want to read it though!

4. Agatha Christie Crime Collections

Why I'm excited to read it: murder

I enjoy murder mysteries and I also visited Agatha Christie's holiday house over the weekend. It is a national trust in Devon and I even sat in her chair and saw the boathouse, which is significant in Dead Man's Folly. I also saw her clothes and first editions of her books!

5. Vera by Elizabeth Von Arnim

Why I haven't read it yet: November

I really want to read this in November for the cosy Autumnal vibes!

6. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein

Why I am excited to read it: adventure

I think this is the kind of book you go on a real adventure with, and I would love to read Lord Of The Rings too.


7. The Adventure of the Six Napoleons and Other Cases by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Why I haven't read it yet: repetitive

As much as I love Sherlock Holmes, I think they do get a bit repetitive! This is why I am leaving it a little while to rediscover it at a later date!

8. Shirley by Charlotte Brontë

Why I am excited to read it: Brontë

I am a little obsessed with the Brontë sisters and I can't wait to read another one of their works, I'm just a little scared!


9. Miss Austen by Gill Hornby

Why I haven't read this yet: facts

I am not sure how much of this book is real and how much is factual so I need to research Jane Austen's life a little more in the meantime!


10. His Dark Marterials trilogy by Phillip Pullman

Why I am excited to read it: hype

Since the TV series, there has been a real hype about this book and I can't wait to discover the story for myself. I was lent this on the last day of 2021 by a friend and I still haven't read it and returned it....whoops!


Thank you so much for still being here! Make sure you let me know if we had books in common, or just which books were you so excited to get but haven't read yet. I would love to know! I hope you are all well, and I wish you a very happy Top Ten Tuesday! 




Have you read any of these? Are there any in particular I should prioritise? What made your list this week? Link your TTT below and I'll check it out!! 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

The sun streaming through my window as I woke up this morning was such a special and motivating moment. This morning has been beautiful so far <3

Comments

  1. You’re not alone in saving certain books for certain times of the year. I do it, too. It’s super fun.

    And no worries about being late with commenting back on other people’s stuff. There are always TTT participants who need to do that each week. Sometimes I’ve had people comment back weeks later, even. Haha!

    Good luck with your school stuff.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-was-so-excited-to-get-but-still-havent-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some books just have to be read at a certain point in the year!! Thanks for the reassurance about commenting and the luck with school, honestly this space gives me so much comfort during exam season! I'll check out your post soon, hopefully anyway!

      Delete
  2. I loved this post, one word can really describe your reasons! I loved Six of Crows and hope you do too when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, sometimes one word is all you need! Glad to hear you enjoyed Six Of Crows and I really hope I love it.

      Delete
  3. I loved your reasons for not reading them yet. Nice to stop by here. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad to here you had a nice time in my little corner of the internet!

      Delete
  4. I really loved Checkmate when I read it....but yes, it's definitely not all warm and fuzzies for the characters. Six of Crows is also brilliant.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-368/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you enjoyed it, despite it not being "all warm and fuzzies for the characters"!! I am very much looking forward to Six Of Crows! I'll check out your post and I apologise for the late reply!

      Delete
  5. 2 - I tried reading Six of Crows but it was boring but maybe you'll like it better since it's more YA than adult.

    6 - I haven't read the Hobbit but I am currently reading - The Fellowship of the Ring which is an adventure but slow going. I think one needs to have a little more patience reading these books.

    8 - I have read Shirley a while but I read it along with a reading group of sorts and it was enjoyable but perhaps it's not as good as Jane Eyre.

    So many hype books and they are hype for a reason but I definitely would not judge a book or a book series by the television or movie adaptation as often, they make changes to the original that more are quite likable. But it's still up to you whether to read the book since you're the reader.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting about Six Of Crows....I hope I'll enjoy it!! I am very much looking forward to The Fellowship Of The Ring too, but I want to read The Hobbit first. I love Jane Eyre so I'm hoping to enjoy Shirley, but it will have a job to keep up with Jane Eyre!!

      I like contributing to discussions about books and being able to talk to people about them, rather than just reading niche YA books I've found buried in the corner of a random independednt bookshop. Obviously I love shouting about them too, but it's nice to hear people's thoughts. And some books, such as Heartstopper, totally deserve the hype!!

      I hope you have a good day too, and I apologise for the late reply.

      Delete

Post a Comment