Top Ten Tuesday | Dynamic Duos and Favourite Friendships

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, I just wanted to mention how I have had a pretty big redesign of my blog! If you are an email subscriber, you may want to check it out! I am still figuring things out and changing them as I go so there may still be changes. Let me know what you think!

I am very scared about this Top Ten Tuesday, mainly because so far I cannot think of a single book that has a Dynamic Duo. But I'm telling myself there must be one or two on my shelves...

Okay, I've found quite a few in the end, but I've tweaked the theme to make it about my favourite friendships that have multiple people, and sisters too!




1. A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson - Pip and Ravi

A Good Girl's Guide To Murder is a favourite of mine and Pip and Ravi are definitely a dynamic duo. They solve an entire murder together and have such great jokes and banter. Their relationship is very special and this series makes the power of friendship (and so much more 😉) shine! 

2. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - Simon and Baz

Simon and Baz have a very tumultuous relationship and for this reason are in my opinion a dynamic duo! This was a very surprising read for me and I wrote a lengthy review for it. I would say that it was Simon and Baz that made the book so enjoyable: they have my heart!

3. The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie - Tabby, Olivia, Cassie, Henry and Ed (and Hannah)

Okay. Breathe. This is one of my favourite books EVER. It's full of friendships and dynamic duos and it's so special. The friendship of the book club is priceless and I can't recommend it enough. It tackles some tough themes so well and has several interesting friendships, making the whole group fit under this theme! Please read it!

4. All The Things We Never Said by Yasmin Rahman - Mehreen, Cara and Olivia

In my opinion, this book is about the power of friendship. It is actually about three girls who in individual moments of desperation, sign up to a suicide website. They are paired together and as they get to know each other, realise that life is worth living. But in a terrifying twist, the website won't let them stop and they need their friendship more than ever. It may be about suicide and online issues, but at it's heart, it's a book about the undeniable power of friendship.

5. With The Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo - Emoni, Angelica and Malachai

There is a review coming for this one but for now all I want to say is that I loved the friendships in this book. Emoni and Angelica's friendship moments were heart-warming and Angelica (with her cute nickname of 'Gelly') seemed like a great friend to Emoni. Malachai and Emoni are probably more the dynamic duo because they have a friendship that very much evolves and changes and they also have a lot of jokes and banter!

6.  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - Elizabeth and Jane

Jane Austen writes sisters wonderfully and Elizabeth and Jane are possibly the best example of this. They are such close friends as well as sisters and tell each other everything. They are each other's constant companions and I love that so much! You probably know what this is about and have most likely read it so I won't go on about it but needless to say, they are a great dynamic duo and one of my favourite friendships and sister relationships.

7. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell - Mary and Margaret

Mary Barton was a book I read for Victober last year and although I liked it, it was one of those that I was very glad was over! Looking back on it, I don't remember much which is sad but the parts I do remember I liked so this is probably one that will be better on a reread at some stage in the future! One of the things that did stand out to me though was Mary and Margaret's friendship. They are very different people with different lives but they support each other through everything.

8. Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - Anne and Diana

Anne is such a vibrant person and she introduces Diana to her way of seeing the world, which admittedly is very unique! It doesn't always go to plan but they become firm friends and the moments of happiness between them in the book was such a joy. They are another example of a fantastic friendship.

9. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - Elinor and Marianne

Elinor and Marianne are very similar to Lizzy and Jane: constant companions. They have their differences, but in times of need support each other and this works especially in Elinor's case towards Marianne. Their differences do get between them sometimes but deep down they are sisters and just want to see the other happy, even if this doesn't always come through in their actions!

10. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy

Another sister relationship now, and a very iconic one at that. This is perhaps one of the most iconic sister books and for a very good reason. Similar to Elinor and Marianne, they just want the best for their siblings, although this isn't always obvious in what they do! They are all unique, which is one of the major plot points of the book.The interesting thing here is also how certain sisters get along more and how others tend to fight more etc. Overall, a beautiful portrayal of sisterhood and sisterly friendship.



Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and happy TTT!



Let's chat!

Have you read any of these? What did you think? Any recommendations for me? Feel free to link your TTT post below too! 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments

  1. I love the Friendship twist :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just thought it would broaden the possibilities a bit!

      Delete
  2. I've never Mary Barton but I love North and South so need to try it! I love Lizzie and Jane too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love North And South! Lizzie and Jane are the best!

      Delete
  3. You’ve got such a great list! Lizzie and Jane have been such a popular one today, for good reason!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought Lizzie and Jane would be popular but couldn't resist including them!

      Delete
  4. Love Simon and Baz. :)

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I love the March sisters and Anne and Diana! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.wordpress.com/2022/02/22/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-caused-heavy-emotions/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love all books with good sister friendships...especially as I have a sister! Anne Of Green Gables just makes me so happy! You have such a lovely blog and I've had a look, you seem to have some similar tastes to me...I need to read lots of your posts now!

      Delete
  6. A great list! I tweaked the topic a bit: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/top-ten-tuesday-celebrating-palindrome.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes! You always come up with such great twists! Love the Free Little Library box too!

      Delete
  7. Awesome list! You have some of my very favorite literary characters of all time on here. I do really like Pip and Ravi as a couple because they're SO low drama. That isn't the case in most YA books, so I found it really refreshing. Plus, they're both just super likable.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree on how likable Pip and Ravi are! Very low drama and they have such a great connection, I totally agree that YA books sometimes go overboard on the relationship drama!

      Delete
  8. I had Pip and Ravi on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/02/22/top-ten-tuesday-356/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I think of Pip and Ravi all I want to do is reread the series!

      Delete
  9. Anne of Green Gables is a popular title for this theme, I've seen it on a bunch of lists! Here's my list: https://www.literacious.com/2022/02/22/top-ten-tuesday-dynamic-duos/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen a lot of Anne around! Had a look at your list too, I don't know any of the titles though (is that bad???) so I didn't leave a comment but maybe I should get back into some childhood favourites!

      Delete

Post a Comment