The Joy Of Book Blogs and BookTube | #BookBloggerSupport22

 Hi Everyone!

Today I wanted to write a bit about the joy of book blogs and BookTube and what they mean to me. They have both become a really big part of my life and inspired me a lot for my own blog and my reading. BookTube especially has been a huge part of my life and has really impacted me and who I am. This post is inspired and part of the Support Book Bloggers in 2022 Challenge, hosted by Pages Unbound. It's been a huge motivator to find new blogs and I know this post is also promoting BookTube, but I wanted to share that too, so I hope you don't mind.



I first discovered BookTube in 2020, through The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie which I picked up by chance, fell head over heels in love with and proceeded to find her BookTube channel. From there I was lead (partly by mentions and partly by YouTube just being smart) to finding so many other channels I am just a bit obsessed with. BookTube is also the reason I read classics and it was a huge inspiration in revamping my blog and making the content more varied.

I think the main joy of BookTube is simply watching people gush about books, talk about their  bookish lives, recommend books, make you feel cosy and calm...It's honestly bought me so much comfort when I needed it most. I've found so many books that I love that I never would have picked up otherwise and it's such an important part of my life. I could spend hours listening to some of these people go on about books and so much more. It's bought me a lot and I can't imagine my life without it.


Top 3 BookTube Channels (not including LucyTheReader, linked above):

- Carolyn Marie Reads - click here!
- Mary Among Stories - click here!
- * e m m i e * - click  here!



Blogs are a bit of a newer obsession. When I first started blogging, I had no idea that there was this whole fantastic community of people out there who wrote about books! No-one read my blog either and that's not much different now but I do get a few views on each post, which is much more than I got a few years ago and if I keep going, maybe one day I will get to the point when people I don't know read my blog regularly. If I don't know you personally and you read my blog then I can't thank you enough, it means so much to me. Of course if I do know you then that's amazing too and I am so happy that you like reading my blog. 

I can't actually remember how I started finding blogs, but I did and now I have quite a few I am subscribed to and anticipate every post. I get many recommendations, although as it's so new to me, most of them haven't actually translated into picking up a book yet. But that'll come in time, I hope.

The main reason I love reading blogs is just being nosy and seeing what others are reading, if they have read and have any interesting thoughts on the books I love and I get a ton of post ideas into the bargain too! There are so many bloggers who talk about a huge variety of books, I'm certain there is a blog for everyone, in the exact same way as there is a book for everyone! 

The blogging community is full of so much love and I can't believe the kindness that people have and especially since I started doing Top Ten Tuesday, my comments have exploded with lovely, heart-warming messages from people and they have all made my day. As a smaller blogger, each comment is pure gold.

I genuinely almost cried the first time I got a comment from someone other than friends and family and it's true that people don't know how much those little gestures mean to me and all the other bloggers out there. Connecting with people is one of the major joys of book blogs and it's just not the same on BookTube. I talk more about blog hopping in a recent post, linked here!

I now wake up to not only a BookTube notification or two but also a few emails with posts from book blogs. It's so special to read these posts and I love all the discussions and opinions and it's just so special.


Top 3 book blogs I haven't mentioned in a post before (let's spread even more blogging love):

- Books. Libraries. Also, cats. - click here!
- The Bashful Bookworm - click here!
- Bloggin' 'Bout Books - click here!

If you want to read more about my favourite book blogs, you can see 10 of my favourites here!

Another updated way you can always see a list of blogs I enjoy reading is on the "BookTubers/Book Blogs I love" page always at the top of my blog. You can view it here!


I will definitely do another post recommending some book blogs and maybe I should do one for BookTube too, although BookTube is much more viewed than blogs anyway. I hope that through this challenge, people can find more blogs and revive the book blogging community a bit!

If you want to know where to start in reading book blogs, you should firstly have a look at the blogs linked above and in my post about my favourite blogs. I'm sure one or two of them will be to your taste!

I hope you are well and reading some fantastic books!



Do you enjoy reading blogs and watching BookTube? Any recommendations for channels and blogs?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments

  1. Before reading your posts and lists about book bloggers and booktubers I also had no idea about how large the community was! I am looking forward to finding even more in the future x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible how many people love reading and choose to share it! It's such a special community <3

      Delete
  2. I like book blogs and booktubes. Even though I'm not a book blogger, I sort of aspire to be like them because a lot of them got me reading books I would otherwise would not have heard of them. I like people gushing over books, even over books I wouldn't care to read. Is wrong that I enjoy it more when people rant about a book instead of gushing over them?

    I have yet to find a blog that matches my exact tastes but that's okay, there are a lot of them to choose from. That's the beauty of blogs - there's always one that suits you even if not in every way.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really the best thing about book blogs - you get so many recommendations and I agree, I love hearing people's rants and hearing what they don't enjoy in a book, it's so interesting and also gives me much food for thought if I read a book with similar themes or issues.

      There's definitely such a huge variety of blogs that you are bound to find some that make up your tastes.

      Thank you so much for all the comments and support- it means so much. People like you are what make the blogging community so special.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for mentioning me! I have not tried booktube much, but I do love the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, your blog is beautiful! I was into booktube way before I became a little obsessed with blogs!

      Delete

Post a Comment