Finishing the Simon Snow Series, not being home & MORE | what's going on

Hi Everyone!

I'm back! It almost feels like all my posts start in a similar fashion nowadays.....something along the lines of "I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I'm back!". After not having been in England for 5 weeks I am finally home, and getting ready for Year 11 (very scary!). I've had a crazy summer, I've been travelling, seeing family, working at a sailing club.....it's been pretty intense! I've not had that much time for reading (or blogging) but I have read some fantastic books that I absolutely can't wait to tell you all about. 

The first book I finished this summer was one I read while on work experience, so I'm not sure if it really counts - but I desperately want to tell you about it! It's the whirlwind ending to the Simon Snow trilogy, called Any Way The Wind Blows. 

I don't really want to give too much away for the two previous books, but this one rounds off the series so beautifully. It was an absolutely fabulous read, and a must for anyone who's read the other two books in the trilogy. This is one of those trilogies where the books follow on from each other, so I recommend reading them in order, starting with Carry On and Wayward Son before getting to Any Way The Wind Blows. It's a truly magical trilogy and I can't wait to reread it all right from the beginning - I somehow just can't get enough of Simon Snow!



I also finished a book this morning which I am absolutely in love with and can't WAIT to tell you about it in another post.....hint: the title is the first line of an address, it's an epistolary book that was also made into a film, and the correspondance really happened. It also talks about a lot of books! Any ideas welcome in the comments 👀

I managed to acquire a total of five books over the holidays too, so I will be writing about them in a book haul coming your way very soon! 

Another thing I just wanted to mention, is that I'm not feeling as motivated to blog as usual, so I'm not sure how regular my posts will be over the next few months. I've been thinking about other ways to share bookish content though so stay tuned for that!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, I know it's a bit of a mess! Let me know what you've been reading recently, and if you can guess the book that I'll be reviewing next! Happy reading, writing, creating or whatever you get up to in your free time! :)


Have you read the Simon Snow Series? What have you been reading recently? Any guesses for my next review? 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

A blue sky. Just that.

Comments

  1. Hi Zoé, thank you for your new post ;) I'm sorry I missed you all in Brittany this summer but I'm really glad to hear from you when I get the Zbestbooks emails👍. This summer is very special for me as I officially retired on Sept. 1rst and among all the presents I got from my colleagues and students there were quite a lot of books : I've just finished "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. Have you ever come across this one? Reading your post I'm sure you would love it! Give it a try if you can find the time. Send my love to the whole family and good luck with year 11 (don't be scared, piece of cake...), Guylaine 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! I feel like I haven't seen you all in ages haha, but glad to hear that you like receiving my emails - it's probably a bit more manageable now I'm posting less! That book sounds good - i'll add it to my list :) it's so nice you got given some books as retirement presents - they'll definitely keep you occupied! Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot! Lots of love xx

      Delete
  2. Is the book 84 Charing Cross road!? I absolutely loved it, and somehow didn't realise there was a film until now! I need to try and watch that at some point, and am so excited to here what you think of it as a book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES well done!!! I thought you may get it :) I absolutely love it, so excited to share my review!!

      Delete

Post a Comment