What If It's Us by Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli // the new york post office romance of your dreams

Hi Everyone!

I recently read What If It's Us by  Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli (the authors of They Both Die At The End and Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda respectively). Let me tell you now, this really is the new york post office romance of your dreams. This book has it all, from the cute meant-to-be romance to the new york dream vibes. This book gave me huge comfort as I navigated school assessments and let me escape into this whirlwind romance at a time when all I wanted to do was curl up and read for hours on end. 



Synopsis:

Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, it’s that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.

Ben thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldn’t be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriend’s things.

But when Arthur and Ben meet-cute at the post office, what exactly does the universe have in store for them?

Maybe nothing. After all, they get separated.

Maybe everything. After all, they get reunited.

But what if they can’t quite nail a first date . . . or a second first date . . . or a third?

What if Arthur tries too hard to make it work . . . and Ben doesn’t try hard enough?

What if life really isn’t like a Broadway play?

But what if it is?




From the do-over dates to the Broadway musical vibes, this story had me absolutely under it's spell from the very first word to the last page. It is so simple and yet so beautiful. This is a romance, but with so many other elements, and it feels so real and messy, but in the best way!

This is the absolute perfect book to get lost in, the perfect book to find comfort and joy in. It's funny, it's cute, it's romantic and to top it all off, it's set in New York, so there are impeccable New York vibes too. 

I've never been to New York but I feel like I have through this book.

I got so attached to the characters, and I got so frustrated over them not being together already! I appreciated the side characters too, and overall this story is so wholesome. The element of the universe and things being "meant-to-be" added a really interesting layer and overall, I really loved this book. 

There is also a second book called Here's To Us, which I now have and absolutely can't wait to read - hopefully this summer! I am very excited to be back with these characters once more.

It's simple and yet messy in the perfect balance. Highly recommend for a bit of a guilty pleasure whirlwind romance!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. I appreciate you all so much, and I apologise for being gone for so long. I unfortunately won't be able to post next week, and probably not the week after either, as I am going away and it's FINALLY the summer holidays. I was really hoping to dedicate more time to this space this summer but there is a lot going on, so we'll just have to see how it plays out. Thank you so much for being patient with me!


Have you read this book? Do you want to? What do you think about romances being "meant to be"? 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I went on my school bowling trip, and only found out the day before that I was invited as other people had dropped out! It ended up being so nice (even though we were too late for the photo booth!!). I had such a nice lane and it was a really cool trip! My casual magic is these people, who I've only really met in the last few months, but who I already love so much. I can't wait for the next year of memories with you guys <33

Comments

  1. I have also only mostly been in the mood for YA books recently - this one sounds perfect. The bowling sounds like a lot of fun as well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA is just such a comfort and I'm loving finding characters I can relate to so much, especially with the friendships which make me so happy!! Definitely recommend this one :) bowling really was such a nice trip xx

      Delete

Post a Comment