Life Update & Summer Plans || let's catch up ☕

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog. Wow, it's been a while! I was not expecting my little " i may post less" to mean not posting for a full month! That was not at all my intention, but that's what happened, I've missed this space! Let's catch up about summer, life, school, travel.....




School is finally getting to the point where it's a little intense. I have end of year mock exams, as well as teachers deciding to do end of unit tests in the same week, and setting homework projects that I need to work on and complete and it's just been a lot - hence the spontaneous hiatus!

Overall though, I'm doing okay with it. It's a little stressful in places but it's also very rewarding, and I'm excited for summer (even though it's going to be the craziest summer ever eep!). 

I've also been absolutely craving reading easy stuff so there's been lots of YA and lots of comfort stories. When I come home after a busy day at school, often the last thing I want is to pick up a book that requires me to think. I just want something I can get completely lost in. So I've been listening to myself and reading the most heart-warming stories and getting lost in the most wonderful worlds. I'm still reading Emma by Jane Austen, but I keep putting it down and picking it back up - and that's okay!

I've also travelled SO MUCH this year (and have a lot of travelling left to do!). I went to Iceland in April and that was such an incredible experience. Then in May I went to Berlin alone to visit my best friend, which was just the most magical trip! I also went to France in February and it's just been an insane year for travel! I will be sharing a reflections post from my Berlin trip so stay tuned for that! 

This summer I am again working at the sailing club, which I also did last year (you can view a post about that here), which I'm quite nervous about but also excited for of course. I am also going to Holland with my family, and I can't promise posting all summer, but I will do my best! 

This summer I really want to dedicate some more time to reading, as I feel it's something that has been neglected a lot in the last few months, and since the beginning of this year, really. I want to intentionally make time to read, and read what I want. Therefore I will not be requesting ARCs, and will probably end up reading less classics too, although I definitely want to read some Persephone books this summer, which I love.

I have been thinking about doing a best books of 2023 so far post, but I honestly haven't read that much. And that's scary. I've also not been very good at tracking what I have read, so my goodreads is in desperate need of being updated. I haven't really read enough to actually rank though, and definitely not enough to have to narrow books down on the list, like I have had to do in previous years. So I'm coming to the conclusion that there probably won't be a post like that this year. I'm a little sad, because it's a post I always enjoyed writing, but I am feeling a shift in the content on this blog, and that's scary but also exciting. 

I'm not feeling super motivated to write lengthy in-depth book reviews anymore. I'm enjoying chatty, informal content and I want to start doing shorter book reviews. I would also like to invest in building more of a social media presence to help with views, but I'm not really sure where to start, or when I'll have the time and energy to put into doing so. Any advice on that one appreciated! 


Around The Blogosphere: 

- I really haven't blog hopped at all, so if you wrote anything recently, leave me a comment and I'll link it here. Thank you so much for being here. 


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, and coming back after my month off. I've missed this space. I hope you are all well.


What are you reading? Any tips on starting social media as a blogger? How are you doing?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

Writing this post and feeling like i'm coming back to an old friend. I've MISSED you <3. I've been on such a journey with this blog, and I'm so excited to see where it takes me. 

Comments

  1. Hello again, and welcome back! I've missed reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! That means so much, I've missed this space!

      Delete

Post a Comment