How YOU Can Support Book Blogs in 2023

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! Today I wanted to share some ways that you can support book blogs over the next year. With the rise of BookTok and previously BookTube, book blogs are sometimes called out as "dead". I believe that book blogs are not entirely dead and with your support, we can create a meaningful community here.

So here are my favourite ways that you can support book blogs in 2023.




1. Comment

Comments are probably my favourrite way that people support me. Every single comment means so much to me, and chatting to you is one of the best parts of blogging! Taking the time to comment after reading a post you enjoyed makes your visit much more meaningful than just being another number in the views statistics. Comments are one of the best ways that you can support blogs!

2. View

If you don't want to comment, or don't really know what to say, then viewing the post in the first place is still supporting the blog. Seeing which posts are more popular also helps the blogger to see what kind of content people are reading and enjoying, so viewing the posts supports them in that way too.

3. Share

If read a post you enjoy, share it! This is probably the most underused way to support blogs, but sharing blog posts that you enjoyed to friends who may appreciate it too helps out the blogger a lot, as well as introducing a friend to a book blog and therefore so many book recommendations and a whole beautiful blogging community! 

4. Subscribe

Subscriptions are pure gold for bloggers. Subscribing means you receive every new post directly into your inbox, and are therefore very likely to read the post. As a viewer, it means that all of your blog subscriptions land directly into your inbox, without having to make the effort to go and find new posts on your favourite blogs. It's a win for both sides!

5. Social Media

I do want to get Instagram at some point to use as Bookstagram and further promote my blog, but sharing posts on social media is also a great way to support bloggers inn 2023, especially with the huge rise in BookTok, Bookstagram and BookTube!

6. Talk

I feel like people don't talk about book blogs enough in person. Often, book blogs include a range of discussion posts and of course book recommendations, which should all be discussed beyond the online community! 

7. Read

Reading lots of books supports bloggers too because you are more likely to find book blogs that talk about a book you have read and therefore are more likely to engage in the community by commenting your thoughts etc. Plus, reading is the reason we all started book blogs in the first place!

8. Credit Bloggers

If you write a post inspired by another blogger, or if you read a book because of another blogger, then shout about it! Share their blog so other people can enjoy their content too! This is partly why introduced the "Around The Blogosphere" where I share links that are similar to the post I have written!


Around The Blogosphere: 

- Queen Of Contemporary (now an archive) was my inspiration for the credit bloggers section of this post - click here!


I truly hope that my blog will continue to grow and evolve in 2023, and that some of you will consider the other ways you can support book blogs this year! Thank you so much for being here as always, and I'll be back very soon!


Which ways do you support book blogs? What do you think of BookTok, Bookstagram and BookTube? Do you believe that blogging is dead? Which is your favourite way to receive support from your viewers?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I did my morning Yoga With Adriene, and it was TOUGH, but my mum did it with me which was so nice and I ended the practice feeling really good!! Yoga is such a simple joy <3333

Comments

  1. Great post, Zoë, I try to do all of these things, but I can do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's something I want to improve this year too!

      Delete
  2. I will definitely try to do some more of these this year :)
    Doing yoga with your mum sounds like so much fun, and a good way to spend time together. I followed a yoga video this morning after hearing what you had said about it, and actually finished it for the first time ever! I loved doing it, so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :))
      It's honestly the highlight of my day....it's so special to spend that time together!! Ooh who did you follow?? Well done, it does make you feel so good!! Are you doing the Yoga With Adriene 30 Day challenge?? You're welcome, we'll have to do some together next time we meet up xx

      Delete
    2. yes - I'm doing the Yoga with Adriene 30 day challenge, I did day 2 this morning. It would be so much fun to do yoga together next time we meet up! I'm really loving it, even though I'm not very good/confident yet :) xx

      Delete
    3. The 30 day challenge is so good!! That's the beauty of yoga though, you don't have to be good or confident, I think it's more about how it makes you feel..... can't wait to do some together ;)) thank you so much for commenting back xx

      Delete
    4. I genuinely love reading and commenting on your blog so much :))

      Delete
    5. :)) it means so so much to me <33

      Delete
  3. These are good things to not only support book bloggers but bloggers in general. Reading not only books but other things because I do find most book bloggers don't just talk about books.

    Do you cross-post? Some people use twitter to promo their blogs, making links and such leading to their blog or a particular post.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely don't only talk about books!! I would love to cross-post, but I currently don't have social media, although it is something I would like to set up. I am actually too young for a lot of them, and I think it would suck a lot of my time and energy, but it's something I'm looking into. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment