The Comfort Book by Matt Haig | a little reflection & review

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my first book review back from hiatus! This is a book that over the last month, I've found immense comfort in, and I hope to continue delving into it frequently. This review is very short, because this is a bit of a different book that isn't very long itself! 


I don't read much non-fiction, but this was such a great book to dip in and out of over the last few weeks that I wanted to write about it today.

This is a collection of thoughts, essays and quotes from author Matt Haig about life, love, gratitude, choices, happiness, and so, so much more. It's an uplifting and comforting companion to every day existence and really brought me hope and comfort when I needed it most. It's a book that I dipped in and out of, and I think that was the best way to read it for me, but if you want to read it cover to cover then of course you can do so! 

The Comfort Book has become a hugely important book in my life. I bring it almost everywhere with me and I am constantly revisiting it. I've even dog-eared my favourite pages, which if you know me, isn't something I do easily! 

I've also very much enjoyed the sections about different people and inspirational lives. They have all made me rethink what I value and what I want to get out of my life. This is a book that really made me happy and I think it is a book many people would value. I just want to scream at you all to READ THIS BOOK. 

It will change the way you think and I really believe that this could become a life-changing book for so many people.


It' s a very special book and I am so glad that I was gifted it by my mum so thank you!

Around The Blogosphere: 

Side note: from now on in most of my posts there will be this section where I can shout out similar posts from other bloggers and this will also help me find new blogs to love! 

- Stephanie from The Espresso Edition expresses her thoughts about "The Comfort Book" - click here!

- BookNBrunch reviews "The Comfort Book" - click here!




Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy lives to read this post, and I will be back next week. 

I hope some of you will consider picking this one up!

Happy reading!



Have you read this book? Do you want to? Do you think you would enjoy it? What is your casual magic today?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I'm on residential and it's the big heatwave here in the UK. After a very stuffy day, we had some free time this evening and we ran through the field and there was a lovely breeze and I felt so free. This was also accompanied by a beautiful sunset, true casual magic!!

Comments

  1. Hi! This book looks great! Thank you for the recommendation. I have another recommendation for you : The Midnight Library, by Matt Haig, the same author! It’s a bit sad at the beginning, but there is a lot of suspense afterwards. You should try to read it if you appreciate this author because it is really interesting…
    Thank you for your great posts, Élise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, highly recommend this book! I will have to pick up The Midnight Library - I've heard so much about it! You're welcome and thank you for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard The Comfort Book is an excellent book and it's on my TBR, but after this review, I'll have to move it up! Wonderful review, Zoë.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best kind of compliment!! I hope you enjoy it!! Thank you, happy reading!!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see what you think of Guard Your Heart - it was one of the first Carnegie ones I read. Have fun in France!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised this comment published under the wrong post. It was meant for the post before this one!

      Delete
    2. That's fine!! I can't wait to read guard you heart! Hope you are having a good time in France ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment