April Wrap Up | holiday picks, catching up on the blog & starting Carnegie

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my April Wrap Up! April went so fast for me, especially as I was on holiday for two weeks (posts on their way!). I had a busy month at school with end of term assessments so I'm now catching up on the blog because I have no posts scheduled still (eek!). I think I may not post on Fridays for a while until I'm back up to speed, although with exam season fast approaching, I'm not sure if I'll even be able to keep up with two posts a week on top of Top Ten Tuesday. We'll have to see though and I'll keep you all updated on that of course. 

I am also doing Carnegie this term at school, where I read through the shortlist (8 books) and have 2 weeks to read each of them. I have a post started about it but in the rush of last term, it never made it past my drafts so I'll try to get that one out soon. It's frustrating because I have more blog post ideas than ever before and yet less time to write them in than I have had all year. Teachers seem to be waking up and giving us homework and tests and it's a bit overwhelming, hence why blogging slipped down the priorities a bit!

Anyway, here is my wrap up for April!



The Statistics

Number Of Books Read: 6

Classics: 1

YA: 3

Other: 2

DNF: 0


I Read : 

- A Room With A View by E.M. Forster

- Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne

- Felicity by Mary Oliver

- The Only Study Guide You'll Ever Need by Jade Bowler

- How To Live Without You by Sarah Everett (ARC)

- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart


An Overview

Favourite Books: 

A Room With A View was such a perfect Spring read! You can hear all about my reading experience here!

My YA Book Of The Month for May! Yes, I was behind and
only read it a week or two ago, whoops!n You can read my review here.

I am a huge fan of UnJaded Jade and last month I read her
book. It was a huge help in my assessments and I highly recommend to
 any students! I will try to write a review!




Least Favourite:

I honestly don't have one....I don't want one to stand out as a book I didn't like because I honestly like and recommend everything I read this month!

Most Impacting:

If you know, you know. Review coming :)



Currently Reading: 

The first Carnegie book, I love how some of it is told
 in manga. I've never read any before and this is making me want to! 




Next, I'm hoping to read:

I actually really don't know....we'll have to wait and see!

The Month in general...

April Highlights:

- I had a wonderful holiday! It was just so nice and I can't wait to share more with you all soon!

- THE HEARTSTOPPER TV SHOW. I'M OBSESSED.

- Thanks to all of you, my blog really picked up whilst I was away. I am so sorry if I haven't yet visited your site if you commented, I have been extremely busy and I hope to be more on top of it all in May.

- I did really well on several assessments which was a big relief because of the amount of work I put in!


Things I'm looking forward to in May:

- My birthday! I am celebrating with my friends and I can't wait! 
- Just getting back into a normal school routine because the last few weeks have been either hectic with assessments and everything or on holiday!
-  Some sun!


Seasonal Photos:

I am not sharing any because there will be a bigger Spring photos post and of course some holiday photos.

Books Bought


I went into town for a friend's birthday and we (of course) stopped by in Waterstones. I found Are We All Lemmings And Snowflakes by Holly Bourne which sounds great and bought that.

 My Mum bought me (on my request) The Only Study Guide You'll Ever Need by Jade Bowler.

That's surprisingly it for this month - I'm so proud of myself!


Thank you so much for coming along. I know this post probably isn't as polished as some of my others, but I'm a bit pushed for time! All your support means so much to me and I'm sorry if I haven't been able to repay it these last few weeks. 

I hope you are all keeping well and I wish you all very happy reading. Here's to summer!



Have you read any of these books? Do you want to? How did April go for you?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I went on a walk with my family and saw so many bluebellls! I will share some photos in a Spring photos post!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday! Nice month of reading in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was honestly so nice to get away from it all!

      Delete
  2. I have also started doing Carnegie this year, and it is the first time I have properly made a goal to read them all! I just finished October, October (and loved it) and I am currently reading Tsunami Girl as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! We'll have to talk about them all together! I've actually finished Tsunami Girl now and really liked it! There is a post coming all about Carnegie. Thanks for your support <3

      Delete

Post a Comment