Top Ten Tuesday | Books That Never Got The Mention They Deserved On My Blog

Hi Everyone!

This is another Top Ten Tuesday post and this week the theme is 'Books I Enjoyed But Never Mentioned On My Blog'. I don't love this theme, mainly because I have mentioned most of the books I love on here. There are of course a few, but these are few and far between! I don't think doing this post would therefore be interesting for my blog, but I am very curious to see what other people will write.

I've changed the theme for me to make it 'Books That Never Got The Mention They Deserved On My Blog'. I have done several grouped posts, with my reviews incorporated so this means some books didn't get a whole post dedicated to them, even if I loved them. They may have only got a paragraph so I feel that I didn't get to rave about them enough, so this is basically doing that for me, even if I have forgotten a lot of them in any detail.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
 It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I read this last summer and it was part of my summer diaries. It was a book I really enjoyed and had a lot of thoughts about so I really regret not having written a proper review for it, even if I talked about it in my summer diaries posts weeks one and two. I also read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell at the end of 2021 and I would have liked some more of my thoughts on Fangirl as a reference!

2. This Is My Truth by Yasmin Rahman

This is another one I read last summer and so was part of my summer diaries. I love Yasmin Rahman's books and I really wanted to talk about it more but I never got round to it. I think I might reread this soon too because I can't seem to remember that much. Maybe that's because I never wrote a review!

3. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

This was a book I read in the summer of 2020. At the end of that summer, I did a big summer holiday wrap up post, where I talked about all the books I had read that summer. This was one of them so it never got that much of a mention and after that only made a few rare appearances. It's a shame because it's again a book I would love to talk about more and discuss with you all, especially as a lot of you have probably read it or want to.

4. On Midnight Beach by Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick

I read this as part of Carnegie 2021 and I wish it had won! My whole book club agreed that this was the deserving winner, but sadly a book I didn't love won. ANYWAY, this is a fantastic book and I want to shout about it more! 

5. The Fountains Of Silence by Ruta Sepetys

Another Carnegie one, and a very powerful one at that. It's one of the most impacting books I've ever read and I want more people to discover it! It is about the Spanish Civil war, which I knew nothing about before this book. It's one that stayed with me and I definitely want to read more from this author.


On to the classics...


6. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

This was my first ever Victober book! If you are not aware, Victober is a readathon hosted on BookTube throughout the month of October where the aim is to read Victorian literature. What I didn't realise at the time was that this is actually American, but it sort of still counts! I remember loving this but it never got it's own review because it went into the Victober Wrap Up.

7. North And South by Elizabeth Gaskell

This is a book I loved, although I didn't understand all of it! I read it for Victober 2021 and I think this is another one that on a reread I will enjoy even more and understand more. I think that if younger me had written a proper review for it, I would have understood it more because I could have collected my thoughts and taken the time to remember it and work things out. I have mentioned this a bit since then but I definitely regret not writing a review!

8. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier

Similar to Fangirl and This Is My Truth, I read this last summer so it went into the summer diaries. I feel like these books slipped through the cracks a bit and it's sad because looking back on it, I would want to have that record of my thoughts more in depth than the few paragraphs I wrote about it as part of the summer diaries posts.

9. The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

This is a huge comfort read for me and I only mentioned it back in summer 2020 when I reread it and fell in love with it. I know many of you will have read it or have heard about it but I still think it's important to write reviews and recommend it. I know that without so many blogs and BookTube channels, I wouldn't have given some authors second chances and I want to do that for people too!

10. I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith

This is possibly the cosiest book I have ever read. I don't even really know why! It is set in a crumbling castle, where the Mortmain family live. With an eccentric father, glamorous step-mother and sister, life for Cassandra is full of ups and downs, especially when two American brothers arrive. This book starts with Cassandra writing her diary sitting in the kitchen sink, which is one of the best beginnings ever! I said at the end of my paragraph about this that you may hear more about it when I had finished it, which is true because you are now. It's just taken one and a half years.





Thank you so much for reading this and Happy TTT! 


Let's chat!

Have you read any of these? Are you thinking about reading any of these? Link your TTT post below!

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments

  1. Hey Z! Thanks for your post. I loved The book thief, I thought the point of view chosen by the author was very original and the story is very moving. Quite scary as well. and North and South: I read it a few months ago, on your recommendation! Thank you! A classic I really enjoyed. And of course, Little Women... I've always thought this book should be prescribed by doctors :) One of my favourite stories in the world. Keep posting, and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the point of view is so unique! I'm so glad you've read North and South and yes, Little Women is just the most comforting book <3 Thank you, happy reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment