Book Club Book: Legend by Marie Lu

 Hi Everyone!

Some of you may know that I have been a member of my school book club for a long time now! I've read all the Carnegie books with them this year, but now we are back to other picks and for these two weeks, it was Legend by Marie Lu. 


When I was first presented with this book, I was very hesitant! Most of you will know if you've been reading my blog for a while, that I don't read much fantasy, sci-fi or dystopian but I thought I would give it a go and ended up quite liking it! It isn't anything like what I usually read but it was nice to have a bit of a change!

This is about Day, a wanted criminal who meets June, who is searching for her brother's killer. An unlikely friendship follows, but as June uncovers more about Day she comes to a terrible realisation. In a world where things seem to be constantly covered up, it takes a lot to be brave. But June battles with herself and makes decisions that she can't reverse...


This was fairly gripping, although as always with this kind of story, a little predictable. I liked the characters, but this isn't the kind of book I would reread. It was a fun and entertaining read, and I recommend giving it a try if you read this kind of genre! It had a slightly annoying font, which I think both adds and takes away from the reading experience! I really liked the character of Tess, who is a friends of Day's and I also appreciated the way that June uncovers the information- it was very clever!

 It reminded me so much of The Hunger Games, which you can read about here! In Legend, you have the colonies and sectors, which are very similar to The Hunger Games' districts and they have a similar dictatorship regime after wars with the districts/colonies and secrets kept from the general public that were very alike. I liked thinking about the comparison but The Hunger Games was definitely better! 

I'm curious to hear what my friends at book club have to say about it, they have very different tastes to me so I think some of them may have liked it more than I did! It was good though, and I can see why it would appeal to people.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope that you are reading some amazing books (because I DEFINITELY am- post coming soon!).

Happy reading!📚


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments