Autumnal Photo Diary 🍂 | books and autumn colours

Hi Everyone! 

As the title suggests, this is a bit of a different post! I have learnt to love Autumn and so today I am sharing a few pictures with my favourite Autumnal books (and book covers!), all with cosy backgrounds from my local area and most in my garden! In this post, I'm bringing together all the things I love about Autumn: beautiful colours, the smell of (slightly rotting) apples in my garden, pumpkins, Halloween and the spooky season, the crunching of fallen leaves and so much more...It's the slow easing into winter, a season for reflection and beauty and I hope this post will remind you of your Autumn season. This post has the unique participation of my sister, whose hand appears a few times holding books and she also took a few of these so thank you! Please get cosy as you scroll through these photos ☕...I hope they bring you comfort wherever you are 🌞. I've been working on this post for a while now so I truly hope you enjoy! 

First Autumn colours!

All my four editions of my favourite book ever, Jane Eyre, are very Autumnal feeling so I've got a few pictures of Jane Eyre now! I didn't find it particularly Autumnal feeling but if you want to read it then now's as good a time as any!

Jane Eyre clothbound among the fallen Autumn leaves...

The leaves are just on the turn...

...Another clothbound Jane Eyre
photo, this time in black and white

Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell is a short story collection and it is also the group readalong for Victober. I am so excited to read this and it has such a creepy, Halloween feel to the cover so I needed to include it!

Gothic Tales among the pumpkins...doesn't this
 just give you all the Autumn vibes?

The smell of apples...

A walk on Exmoor made me feel like I was in a fairy tale 🌻


This very much reminded me
of the magic faraway tree...

We found these mushrooms that are just so cute and
 again felt like a fairy could live there!




I then took more photos in my garden...

Although this was a grey day, I still found
 beauty in these different coloured leaves!


I'm so happy with how this photo came
out, I haven't read this yet but the cover looks
like a rainy November day!


I've been studying this book at school
and this cover just screams Halloween!



One of my new favourite books...
among more fallen leaves




All the images of these books were taken
 with the help of my sister 📷

We went on a gorgeous walk mid-November at a local national trust site. There isn't a house there but there is a beautiful forest, which looked stunning in the beautiful sunlight we had! I unfortunately didn't bring any books with me but I just had to include these in this post!



This looks so fake, but I promise it's real!

This was a magnificent path we walked along!

Some of the trees were still slightly green, fading
 into yellows and then oranges, but some were almost brown!

Walking through fallen leaves is something I love!


This is one of my favourite photos from this day
 but it looked so much better in real life!


All this definitely put me in the autumn spirit! I had a lot of fun compiling these photos and I tried to make this post as cosy as possible so I hope this post has brought you something a little different to my usual content (although of course it still includes books!). 

I think Autumn is a time to take for yourself, after the joy and fun of summer and before the rush and chaos of Christmas. I have really liked taking that time just for me and doing the things that I love (which has included a lot of blog writing), so I encourage you to do the same. Autumn has been truly beautiful and I hope I have been able to share a part of that with you. 

If you liked this post, definitely comment down below because I would be interested to do another one of these for each season!


Thank you so much for coming along in this post and I hope that it has given you joy!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments