Victorian Quotes| 5 quotes from Victorian literature

 Hi Everyone!

Today I am talking you through 5 quotes from Victorian literature! This is of course, in honour of Victober, the Victorian October readathon. Enjoy!

1. This is SUCH a famous quote but I just had to include it. I do have a whole post with Jane Eyre quotes which you can view here. It is my favourite book of all time and this quote is just amazing!



2. This one is from North and South which was my favourite book of Victober 2020. It's beautiful! I talk about this book in my Victober 2020 wrap up.



3. This is from Great Expectations, which I read at the beginning of this year. I'm sorry the pink didn't come out on here like it did when I made it! If you've read Great Expectations or know the story, you will know what this means in relation to the book. You can read my review here




4. This is the first line from one of my favourite Emily Bronte poems. I love her poetry and this is one of her most famous works. This is a quote I try to live by and I think it can be applied to so many situations. The rest of the poem is just incredible too! You can view my post all about my love for her poetry here!



5. This is from Little Women, which I read for the first time in Victober 2020. It was my first Victober book and one of my first classics. I also mention this in the Victober 2020 wrap up linked above for the North and South quote. 




I hope you've enjoyed this post, been inspired by some quotes and maybe even got some book recommendations along the way! Happy Victober!



Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments