My Week In Books 📚 //summer diaries week 5: sailing, Knife Edge and two new (french) books!

 Hi Everyone!

This week will be quite different as I am in France! I don't know how much reading I will get done but I will hopefully still share a few updates! 

Monday 23rd August

This morning I had my first sailing course session and it was so much fun! It's was also so nice to be there and meet my group and everything! I did read a bit of Knife Edge this morning and I'm still liking it, it's so lovely to be back in that world and I can't wait to continue! If you don't know, I started it last week and it is the sequel to Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, which I read fairly recently and loved. 

I've just come back from an afternoon at the beach, I went swimming in the sea and also read a bit more of Knife Edge. I'm now on page 147 so I will hopefully finish it before the end of the week! 

Tuesday 24th August

This morning we went cycling so I didn't get time to read and then this afternoon I was sailing again. It was so windy and I capsized! I'm sailing Topaz 16 catamarans so they are prone to capsize, especially as there weren't any reefs and the sail is quite big! They are fairly easy to get back up though which is good!

Wednesday 25th August

Sailing this morning was amazing! It was quite varied as we went in the mouth of the river where it was calmer and out in the bay where it was much windier and I got to do a lot of trapeze! 

This afternoon we were visiting family and we also went to the beach and I swam for ages! It was beautiful and also so freeing to be there, at a beach I love!


We also went into a town we really like and into a bookshop I've been to before and I bought two books! They are both in French but I'll mention them anyway! The first one is about how to reduce the amount of food waste. I'm passionate about the environment and food waste is something I don't know much about yet so I want to explore that further. The second is the Brontë sister's works about Gondal, Glass Town and Angria as well as a few other works of theirs but in French (obviously!). I already have it in English in a bigger edition with notes and stuff but this will be great to see the translation, especially with Emily Brontë's poetry which I know very well in English so I'm excited to get a different perspective on it! It's also such a gorgeous edition with a few photos inside! Here are some photos I took of them in my grandma's beautiful garden! 



The Brontë book has photos in it


Thursday 26th August

This morning I read quite a lot of Knife Edge which I'm still really enjoying. It's so engaging and engrossing and I'm always excited to pick it up! I'm now on page 250 which is over half way so I'm really hoping to finish it soon!

 I then went into town and sailing again this afternoon! 

Friday 27th August

This morning was my last sailing session with a group snack/picnic afterwards. The conditions were great but it was so sad because I won't go sailing for a while now!

This afternoon we had to get our Covid tests ready to go home- luckily, I'm negative! We then went into town to get a few things which was nice.

I've just finished Knife Edge! That ending was not what I was expecting but also totally what I think I should come to expect from this series! 

This installment was a lot darker than Noughts and Crosses because both the main characters are in a bad place and a lot happens to them. I'm not going to say anything plot wise because it would give MAJOR spoilers for the book before, Noughts and Crosses, but if you've read Noughts and Crosses then I highly recommend continuing the series!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was yet another five star read. I'm not prescious about the amount of five stars I give out but this really deserved it. It's such an important book and series and I'm SO excited to read the others!

I'm also so pleased because I don't want to jinx it but so far this summer, I've read only five star reads! I'm really trying to prioritize books I know I'm going to enjoy and books I hope will be five stars and it's obviously worked! That probably doesn't make the reviews that interesting because it's basically me going on about everything I loved but it's amazing for my reading!

Saturday 28th August

I did bring a few other books on holiday with me but I'm not really in the mood for them so I'm going to be flicking through and reading passages from the Brontë book I bought earlier this week! I love how much of an insight it's giving me into the Brontë sister's lives! I'm fascinated by who they were and this book is AMAZING! I'm getting loads of information and facts and translations...I LOVE IT. 

***

Tomorrow morning we are leaving so I'm not going to write any more on this blog post now! I hope you've enjoyed this post- even if I didn't always have much to say! I did finish Knife Edge and I'm now making the most of not needing to read anything specific like I do for school! Thank you so much for reading this and I'll be back next week (if not before) with my LAST week of the summer holidays! I hope it will be filled with more great books :)

📚

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments