YA Graphic Novel Review: Heartstopper Vol. 4// my new favourite heartstopper volume

 Hi Everyone! 

I recently read the fourth volume of Heartstopper! It is my favourite volume so far and I want to convince you all to read the series! It seems very girly, cheesy and predictable but I promise it is neither girly (it's a boy-boy relationship), cheesy or predictable! 

When I first started this series towards the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021, I wasn't sure if I would like the graphic novel format, turns out I love it! The artwork is beautiful and so emotional, showing hand positions and movements that evoke such beautiful feelings inside me!

This volume focuses on Charlie's mental health and his struggle with an eating disorder. It confronts the assumption that only girls can get anorexia and is a beautiful depiction of  a loving and supportive teenage, boy-boy relationship. 

Nick and Charlie and characters I have mentioned before are the most wonderful, special and affectionate couple who truly love each other which, let's be honest, is often not the case with teenage relationships! They are funny, interesting and just so realistic as people.

I actually read this twice in two days because I needed more of it! I was devastated to hear at the end of the book that Volume 5 will be the LAST Heartstopper! I'm sure I will post about it when it comes out and I'm pretty sure I'll be emotional reading the ending! 

If you want a book that deals with difficult topics in a quiet and supportive way, a book that is easy to read and a huge comfort, or just a book to make you laugh and accompany your day, read Heartstopper!

Thank you so much for your support in my blog and for reading this post all about Heartstopper!

Comments

  1. I have started reading Heartstopper a few days ago and I have really enjoyed it!! Thank you for all of your recommendations! For the moment, I have only read the 2 first books, and I hope the other ones will be as great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! You're welcome! I love the later books more than the first ones, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them! Happy reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment