YA Book Review: Bookishly Ever After by Lucy Powrie// i cried

 Hello Everyone,

It was so bittersweet to say goodbye to The Paper and Hearts Society in this book. I explain more about my attachment to this series in a recent post you can view here! I loved this book (of course) and it was a comforting read that just felt like the biggest hug. 

I have known these wonderful fictional friends for about two years now and it was such a joy to be back with them; I enjoyed every second of this book. I have been on such a journey with this series and I don't think it's quite sunk in that this is it - they'll be no more Paper and Hearts Society. This was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and I just adored it.

As I mention in my post linked above, this follows Ed as he starts working in an independent bookshop called Woolf and Wilde. There he meets Hannah, who he is determined to impress with his excellent bookselling skills. But things don't run as smoothly as he first thinks, especially when his Mum starts dating again and his Dad shuts him out. He has to rely on The Paper and Hearts Society more than ever.

I just love this book and this whole series so, so  much. Lucy Powrie is one of my biggest inspirations and I want to read anything she ever writes. I cried reading the ending to this book because I didn't want it to be over and there is a particular part that really got to me.

I am in love with their friendships and they have the best book club meetings EVER. This book features many more of them that made me smile so much. 

This is only a tentative goodbye to this series, I am constantly revisiting it and delving into my favourite moments. I think it would be good to link to the other posts for this series. So I've made a whole page with all three posts, which you can find by clicking on Categories- The Paper and Hearts Society. 

And in the words of The Paper and Hearts Society:

Don't forget to live your best bookish life!



Oh, and READ THIS SERIES!


Comments

  1. Thank you Zoë for this review! I have just ordered the first novel of the series for C + E! I hope they will enjoy the book as much as you did! ;) Anne-Laure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zoë for this review! I have just ordered the first novel of the series for C + E! I hope they will enjoy the book as much as you did! ;) Anne-Laure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment