5 books that... inspired me to read (and a new series of posts announcement!)

 Hi Everyone,


5 Books That...is a feature on my blog where I talk about five books that have something in common or can be grouped together for a certain reason. I usually do about one a month but there is no fixed schedule. 


Today I am starting a new series of posts by sharing five books that have inspired me to read at different points in my life. This will become a fairly regular thing where I will share 5 books that...Obviously everyone is different but if you want some genre specific recommendations either for you or someone you know then let me know what genre you want in the comments and I'll make sure to do a post about it! Don't hesitate to tell me so I know what you want to see! I am thinking about one about classics for beginners and one about YA but that's just what I read most of so I would love to know what you all want to see. Let's get on with 5 books that inspired me...

1. Zoe The Skating Fairy by Daisy Meadows

This was possibly the first book I read for myself that I actually enjoyed. Obviously you've got to start somewhere and reading Biff, Chip and Kipper books taught me to read but I got very bored! So when a friend came out to me holding Zoe The Skating Fairy I bought it, read it and loved it. I think many young girls in particular (not to say boys can't read them) have loved the Rainbow Magic books and I am definitely one of them! For any young girl, Rainbow magic is a great way to get into reading with interesting stories that are a perfect length. At a time when I didn't read for fun, this book introduced me to that aspect of reading.

2. Roald Dahl books

Who doesn't like Roald Dahl? I fell in love with all his books, especially Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda and Esio Trot. He has entertaining, funny and unique books that should be enjoyed by all (to be honest whatever your age!). I also visited the Roald Dahl museum and loved it! I haven't read any of his books in a long time but I should change that! His books inspired me to keep reading and I just loved them!

3. How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell

I devoured this series and fell in love with Hiccup, his friends and many enemies. I think at this time I read on and off but this series I couldn't put down! I just got lost in the pages of adventure and if you or someone you know would like a book to escape into then this is perfect! It made me eager to read more fantasy/adventure books. I don't read much of them now but I used to love them.

4. The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie 

At this point I wasn't really sure if reading was for me anymore and after reading this book I knew that I could never give up reading. It offered me such a huge escape and I made such close fictional friends. I want SO badly to be a part of The Paper And Hearts Society! This is a real comfort read and I return to it whenever I need to switch off. This also led me to discover Lucy Powrie's YouTube channel and the rest of the booktube community which helped me start reading classics. So this is one book that has had a huge impact on me. I highly recommend for any book lover!

5. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

I started reading classics in Spring/Summer 2020 but while I enjoyed all I read I didn't LOVE any of them. But then came Victober and I read a few that I liked until my last Victober book- North and South. I fell in love with it and read more classics after it. I don't know if I would have been as inclined to read more if I hadn't loved North and South and while I know I didn't understand everything, on a reread I think I will get even more from it. 

So there you have five books that inspired me to read. I don't know if you will get any recommendations from this post but I think it's interesting to see how my reading tastes have evolved and which books have made their mark. Remember to comment below for whatever genre or category specific books you want to know about! 

Thank you! 

Comments