The Paper & Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie

Hi Everyone!
Today I want to share an amazing book. This book is a very touching story about how incredible books are as well as the effects of bullying and mostly cyber bullying with a bit of love mixed in. This book highlights the importance of friends and really put a smile to my face. I hope you like it!

Remember to comment if you like the book, if you don't like it or if you've read it. Let me know! Also you may have noticed an email section which sends you a quick email whenever I publish a new post. Don't hesitate to enter your email to know when I publish something to your taste!

Tabby is staying with Gran this summer. Her parents are busy packing up the house to move closer to Gran and Tabby can't wait especially to get away from Jess: a not so nice individual that used to be her best friend. But Jess seemed to stop liking her as she wasn't 'cool' and started bullying her.

When Tabby leaves her copy of her favorite book at home she goes to the town library to borrow theirs. Inside, she finds a leaflet advertising a book club. She decides to go and contact the girl in charge. So she turns up but can't seem to stop embarrassing herself.

She goes to several more meetings and some very funny and weird parties including a Jane Austen dance party! The group then decide to go on a road trip. But not just any road trip: a bookish road trip visiting the birthplaces and places of residence of many famous authors and poets as well as their final resting places. But she can't seem to get rid of Jess. She is everywhere and it soon gets out of control. She ends up falling out with her new best friends. But can they make up and can Tabby finally forget about the pain Jess put her through? And as the cherry on top, can Tabby find someone  who's a bit more than just a friend?

There are a few other surprises too but I won't spoil them...


 Image result for the paper and hearts society book 2
There is a book 2 but I haven't read it yet but I promise I will write a post about it as soon as I have read it.

Bye for now!

Comments

  1. This sounds so good!
    I can't wait to read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book because of this post and it is currently my favourite book I have read this Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment