Pages and Co #1: Tilly and the Bookwanderers by Anna James || Book Review //middle grade

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my first post in my week of posting! This is a little review for the first book in the Pages and Co series by Anna James, Tilly and the Bookwanderers, which I read a few weeks ago now, but never got round to reviewing, so this post has been sitting in my drafts for a few weeks! 

At the moment all I seem to want to write is cosy informal lifestyle posts and book reviews, so it looks like for a while at least we will be alternating between the two, but that's fine!! 

This was a truly fantastic read, and I have to thank my sister for recommending it to be so many times until I finally read it! 

Graphic made with the help and advice of my sister - thank you!



Synopsis:

A magical adventure to delight the imagination. A curl-up-on-the-sofa debut from a uniquely talented author.

Eleven year-old Tilly has lived above her grandparents' bookshop ever since her mother disappeared shortly after she was born. Like the rest of her family, Tilly loves nothing more than to escape into the pages of her favourite stories.

One day Tilly realises that classic children's characters are appearing in the shop through the magic of `book wandering' - crossing over from the page into real life.

With the help of Anne of Green Gables and Alice in Wonderland. Tilly is determined to solve the mystery of what happened to her mother all those years ago, so she bravely steps into the unknown, unsure of what adventure lies ahead and what dangers she may face.


I was just completely sucked into this story. The characters, the plot and of course all the bookish references were just absolutely fantastic. As a lover of Anne Of Green Gables (I'm also currently watching Anne With An E with my family and wow the vibes are immaculate!), I adored all the parts with Anne in. I love how this book introduces children (or at least younger readers) to classics and older books, such as Anne Of Green Gables. I think that this is so important and I love how this book seamlessly merges past with present, and fiction with reality. 

This book mentions some of my other very favourite characters beside Anne Shirley and Alice, including Sherlock Holmes and Elizabeth Bennet. Who wouldn't want to just sit and have a chat with Lizzy?

This whole book is beautifully written and if I'd read it a few years ago, I think it would have been my favourite book. I'm just so so glad that I finally read this, I'd heard so much about it on BookTube and from my sister so to finally understand everything is amazing!

The book A Little Princess also plays a big role in the plot, and it's definitely made me want to read it!

The characters are so loveable and I enjoyed every second of this journey. The bookshop setting is so cosy and it sounds like somewhere I would love to live! Tilly's adventures are so magical and I can't wait to read the sequels to find out what happens to her next!

I don't want to say too much, but if you love the idea of a book set in a bookshop, which mentions lots of incredible book characters, which includes a magical adventure, then PLEASE READ THIS!


Around The Blogosphere: 

- I've Read This reviews Pages and Co: Tilly and the Bookwanderers - click here!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, and I  hope you'll join me tomorrow for Top Ten Tuesday!


Have you read this book? Do you want to? What do you think about books with different book characters in? 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

Taylor Swift's new album!! I have never really listened to Taylor Swift's music properly but I have always quite liked it and I have now fallen in love with her new album! So many good vibes! 

Comments

  1. I love the concept of this story! I'd love to sit in a bookstore and chat with my favorite characters! Wonderful review, Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the concept is something I think all book lovers fall in love with! Same. I think Lizzy Bennet would be a good one, but I wouldn't say no to any of the character from my favourite books. Who would you meet if you could? Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment