10 Things Reading Floored by A Collaborative Of UKYA Authors Taught Me

Hi Everyone!

I recently finished Floored by a collaboration of UKYA authors, namely Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Sailsbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood. I had already read a few books by a few of these authors, but most of them were new to me, although I'd heard a lot about them! 

Today I thought I would do something I bit different and share 10 things that this book taught me. This is very light-hearted so don't take any of it too seriously, but I loved this book and I hope that this post makes you smile!


Synopsis:

When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means when you hear her name and it doesn't match the way she looks, or the way she talks; Dawson, who was on TV, but isn't as good-looking as he was a few years ago and is desperately hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it, and who used to have a poster of Dawson on her bedroom wall, and Joe, who shouldn't be here at all, but who wants to be here the most.

And one more person, who will bring them together again on the same day every year.


1. Some things really are meant to be
(so much happens as a result of that initial meeting in the lift that fateful day)


2. Real friendships are often formed in the most unlikely ways
(they meet in a lift when they are all there for such different reasons)


3. People live such different lives, and those lives intertwine to form friendships and relationships, but often, many people in someone's life won't know half of what's really going on, how they really are.
(that is basically the whole book in a nutshell)


4. Collaborative books are fantastic! 
(this one really is)


5. You meet and see interesting people in lifts
(people watching is so interesting!)



6. People change, people grow up and you have the power to influence them
(for those who have read the book, you know!)


7. Teenage friendships and relationships are complicated for everybody, and often involve complex webs of who likes who and who doesn't like who. 
(there is one sentence in the book which I don't want to share for spoiler reasons but which REALLY showed this!)


8. Sometimes the best things come from the worst ones. 
(The characters get in the lift together and witness something terrible. However, from this they get their friendship.)


9. People and their lives are fascinating! 
(this is basically a book about people's lives)


10. WhatsApp Group chats are where all great ideas start
(the chat conversations in this book are always the start of great things)


Around The Blogosphere: 

- A review of Floored, from the blog Kirstyes - click here!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. It is a bit different to my usual reviews, but then this book was very different too! I really did love it though and I think lots of you will too! 



Have you read this book? Do you want to? What do you think about the points above? Does this sound like a book you might enjoy?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I finished a book this morning! It was so good and it's been a LONG TIME since I've actually finished an entire book so I'm very proud of myself!! What's your casual magic for today? What are you reading?

Comments

  1. It's so amazing that so many authors were able to collaborate and write such an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't imagine sitting down with six other people and deciding on an idea, on characters, on the plot....it must have been a real challenge!

      Delete

Post a Comment