4 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY | reacting to my first ever post!

Hi Everyone!

On this day, four years ago, I decided to start a blog. Yes, ten year old me wanted to start a blog. I dived straight in with a (terrible) review of Katy by Jacqueline Wilson: no welcome or introduction! From then I posted from time to time, just reviews of a few books I liked. They were extremely short and are very funny to look back on now! To mark my four years of blogging, I wanted to react to this first review of Katy.




Okay. Please do not judge this: I was ten. Although with that said, I may look back at these posts and think 'I was 14'! Yes, I am only 14. 



The first sentence, "Hi and welcome to my first post" is okay. It could have done with an exclamation mark though, was I not excited to start my blog? The next sentence, "I didn't find it hard to choose a book." is just a bit random and short but it's not that bad! To think that Katy was my all time favourite is a little scary but it's a special post to me in so many ways. 

I don't put age ratings on my posts anymore because I find it limiting and you can read whatever, unless you are very young obviously. But to say that only 8 - 12 year olds can enjoy Katy isn't really correct. Also what was I thinking with the "a book to be enjoyed by"? It sounds like I was trying to be fancy! 

I have so many short sentences and "It is an amazing, emotional read" is a great example. Also there is no space between the comma and "emotional". Then we have ANOTHER short sentence "One of Jaqueline Wilson's best in my opinion", why didn't I just put them together? 

Okay now we have a sentence which I thought was very informational at the time but is actually pointless. "Katy is also available on amazon kindles". Yes, like most books.

I then give a synopsis....or attempt to. The first sentence is okay but then we have the no-space-after-comma issue and the following sentence is just....hilarious to look back on now! 

"Secondary school is difficult".

At the time, I was still at primary school but now I am at Secondary and YES it is difficult, even when you don't have the after effects of this "tragic accident" to deal with. Secondary school is tough, and it's another pointless and short sentence! 

The next part just kills me. The "Will Katy be able to survive? Despite the hardships?". I don't know what was going through my head at that moment but hmmmm I wonder, will Katy survive? Because secondary school and living with your stepmother, obviously automatically creates a huge probability of death. Of course.

I also don't give any opinion apart from the "it is an amazing, emotional read", which really doesn't give you much insight on my thoughts. What did I think of the characters? What about the plot twists? What did I like about the book specifically? Do I recommend it? There is so much information missing!


Having said all of that, this post will always be important to me. It was my first ever post and if I hadn't created this blog, I would be a very different person and I have no idea what I would do with my time! It is also a post that represents who I  was when I started this blog. 

I have thought about editing it or deleting it but I want to keep it for sentimental value and to show how far I've come as a blogger and a reader. 

I know this is a very sarcastic post and a bit different, but I hope you've found some enjoyment in it! Thank you so much for all of your support over the last four years! It's honestly so crazy to think that I've been blogging for four years. In the last six months or so, my blog has really picked up and I have all of you to thank for that. So to anyone who has commented on my blog in the past few months especially but of course before too, thank you and I'm sending you the biggest virtual hugs. 



How are you all doing? What do you think of my first ever post? How long have you been blogging? 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I guess this blog and the space I've created that I am so very proud of. I truly can't thank all of you enough!

Comments

  1. I think it's a pretty decent first post for a ten-year old. Your critique of your post seems accurate. I have similar thoughts about it.

    I'm kind of a little embarrassed to admit I have been blogging for 4x that amount and I still don't know what I'm doing but there's always a inkling in the back of my mind.

    Fours seems short but at the same time, I have seen people quit their blogs before the first year is up so it's an accomplishment. Congrats on 4 years.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Wow, that's a long time....I hope to continue this blog for a long time, but I'm not sure how that'll work with school and everything!! I think four years is pretty good going, thank you so much for all of your support!!

      Delete
  2. How fun to look back on your first post! It's a great way to see how your style has changed. Happy blogoversary, Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, it's so interesting to see how my blog has changed over the last four years! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment