International Women's Day Book Recommendations || best YA books written by women authors

Hi Everyone!

As I am sure some of you are aware, last Wednesday was International Women's Day! So today I wanted to share some of my favourite YA books written by women authors. I do read a lot of books by women authors, and I think that the distribution of men/women authors in the YA market is most likely swung in the opposite direction as in my opinion there are more female YA authors than male, but this just gives me an opportunity to shout about some of my favourite books!!





Whiteout by a collaboration of women authors

This book is the best bundle of romance and joy and Christmas, and is written by a powerhouse team of women authors. This book is just the sweetest and these characters are so special. Highly recommend for a cosy wintery read!









Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I love Elizabeth Acevedo's books a lot, and she is such a beautiful writer, with fantastic storylines and stunning novels in verse. This is probably my favourite of her books, and tells the story of two sisters, finding out about each other for the very first time. 






All The Things We Never Said by Yasmin Rahman

This is a heartbreaking but powerful story, written by the incredible Yasmin Rahman. This book breaks you, but then stitches you back together with the friendship in this novel that is just irreplaceable. Female friendships can be very messy but are also so so beautiful!!





Floored by a Collaboration of YA authors

Another amazing collaboration of women authors, who I just LOVE. From Holly Bourne to Tanya Byrne and Lisa Williamson, this book is written by the very best of women YA authors.



Afterlove by Tanya Byrne

Yet another powerful novel, with the most heart-warming cast of characters and unique storyline. This book is just fantastic, and really puts girl-power in it's place. This cover in itself is a STATEMENT.





Around The Blogosphere: 

- This is a little cheeky, but I wrote an international women's day inspired post for my other blog, which I host with my absolute closest friends (seriously, these people are incredible!!) so please go give it some love <33, it's a book review (I can't get away from being a book blogger at heart) of The Climate Book by Greta Thunberg - click here to view it!!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, and I hope you check out some of these AMAZING books! Let me know your favourite books by women authors, and what you're currently reading in the comments! Happy reading!!


Have you read any of these books? Do you want to? What are your favourite books by women authors? What are you currently reading?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

Looking forward to things. I have a pretty insane next few months, so many incredible experiences coming up (some of which I may share on here), so many incredible people I get to be reunited with and just a lot happening. But how beautiful that I get to look forward to them (even if I am very impatient!!) What are you grateful for today? <33

Comments

  1. I had not heard of any of these books. But, they all sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I've opened your eyes to a few then ;) thank you for taking the time to read and comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  2. Great review as usual, thanks a lot! (A-L T)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and you're welcome....thank you for stopping by and reading ;)) and thank you for the comment on my second blog, it means a lot!!

      Delete

Post a Comment