100th Post Celebration and thanking you all! 🎉

 Hi Everyone!

This is my 100th post on this blog! I hope you're not getting too bored of me yet, I've been here a fair amount of time! I thought I would talk a bit about my journey with this blog but first: the proof because I just can't help myself! 

The first post I ever did on this blog was from May 2018, over 3 years ago! It was entitled 'Katy by Jaqueline Wilson' I basically wrote a very short post (compared to what I write now) about it. It is pretty terrible to be honest! But we all have to start somewhere and that's why I don't believe in taking down old posts like some other people do because they show your progression. I must have been 9 or 10 at the time I wrote the one about Katy and it was the first time I'd written a proper book review. I now really enjoy looking back at the books I was reading at the time. My posts were very short and infrequent and there were some very long gaps! 

Then in the last year I've been posting a lot more and since I discovered Booktube have been inspired to do different posts than just book reviews. I'm also reading more and more classics and this blog tracks that, from my 2020 summer reading wrap up to Victober. I love that I can trace what classics I've been reading and when I read them. I'm sure in the future when I'm thinking about how I started reading classics and what I read first this blog will be priceless. 

I've spent hours and hours writing and it's all been so worth it. You can see the progression in my writing, looking back at my old posts is hilarious! I definately recommend checking them out, where you will definately see this improvement! (see desktop version archive). I've been motivated to read more and also think more about what I've read, rather than just moving on and forgetting all about it. 

But I couldn't do it without you. For a long time I had only a couple regular readers, one of them being myself, and I definately don't have many more now but just knowing that it's not just me and my parents reading this means so much to me. If I hadn't gained any more, I would probably have given up because what's the point if no-one is reading it? 

But having this blog, even if not many people read it has been great for my writing because one day I would love to write a book and although this obviously isn't the same, it's still practice. I'm learning how to type faster, how to use words in an effective way, how to pace myself and write regularly and they are all skills I hope to be able to transfer and use in possibly writing a book. 

So thank you. For reading my posts, for subscribing, for supporting me, for just totting up the views that encourage me more than anything. Thank you for your comments and messages (remember you can use the contact form if you don't want it to be published on here, which you can find on desktop version with instructions on how to find desktop version from mobile version here) and thank you for just being here.

I hope that I can carry on doing this and that you'll all continue to read my often lengthy posts! If you have any book recommendations, blog suggestions or anything you want to tell me, then please let me know in the comments or contact form, I always love hearing from you all! 

Thank you and I'll be back soon! :)



Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments