The 1900-1950 Readathon: Animal Farm by George Orwell

 Hi Everyone! 

Today I want to share once again, a 1900-1950 readathon book. It doesn't fit another prompt but it was published in 1945, meaning it fits the bonus. I am trying to complete the bonus prompt to read something from each decade but we'll have to see if I actually manage it! Here are my thoughts on Animal Farm...

I think this is a staple piece of literature from the mid-1900s but as a story I didn't love it. I can't say I hated it at all, just wasn't a huge fan. 

If you don't know, this is about a farm where there is a revolution and the animals take over. There is rivalry and interfering humans added into the mix and they learn to farm the land in a unique way. Rumors are also spread about a certain animal and tensions rise. The ending was so interesting although I slightly saw it coming. 

This book was actually my great-aunt's and there are her annotations in a few passages of it so that was really cool. I don't have much else to say and I can't see myself re-reading it anytime soon. Fantasy and fantasy elements are generally not really my thing so anything with those aspects will generally not interest me as much. 

I would love to know what you think of this book if you've read it!

Happy reading!

Comments