Jane Eyre...Halfway there!

 Hi Everyone!

I am currently reading Jane Eyre and I thought I would share an update as to how I am finding it. 

Reading Jane Eyre is so daunting, as I will talk about in more detail in another post once I have finished it. I am now, according to Goodreads, 56% in so this is just a bit of a catch-up post so no spoilers please!

I am really enjoying it so far. There has only been one chapter I struggled with which was chapter 14. There was too much detailed speech and I got a bit lost, but got the general gist. Hopefully, if I reread this at some point I can then gain a deeper understanding of not only this chapter, but the novel as a whole. 

I am understanding the vast majority and loving the beautiful language, stunning descriptions and characters that I have now got to know so well. I feel really attached to them and I can't wait to see what happens to them. 

I am especially attached to Jane. She reminds me a lot of Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice as she is well-spoken, knows her opinions and place and they are just very similar in general. 

I have also found many wonderful quotes which are coming in a dedicated post...

I am fascinated by the Brontë's life (I talk more about this in my post about Emily Brontë's poetry) and reading Jane Eyre has just made me want to visit the Bronte Parsonage even more, although I want to have read one book from each sister before this. 

Jane Eyre so far is a fascinating read and well worth the time. I am hoping to finish it in the next week so there will be a full length post up soon, I just thought I would mix it up a bit with a halfway mark update!

Thank you and I'll be back soon with another bookish post!



Comments