1900-1950 To-Be-Read (TBR) - a readathon in May

 Hi Everyone! 

I am taking part in a readathon in May where you read books written from 1900-1950. There are a set of challenges but I am only doing a few of them. You can read just one book or twenty it is up to you and maybe it will encourage you to finally read a book you've been meaning to get to for ages. In this post I am going to share what books I hope to read for this challenge. I won't get to all of them but my goal is to read at least 3 of them. 

It is hosted on booktube by Katie from her channel Books and Things. You can see her announcement video here! She is a wonderful booktuber, perhaps not the cosiest but her content is always engaging and gives so many recommendations.

Here are the challenges:


A few of these will fit into more than one category but I will just mention them once. 

For challenge one, reading a book from your own country, I would like to get to Animal Farm By George Orwell. This one is very short so I am hoping to be able to read it. I am also planning to read Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier which will be my first Daphne DuMaurier and although it is longer that others on this list, I am will hopefully still read it. I have Anne Of Green Gables to read soon too, though I may not get to it for this readathon.

For challenge two, reading a book from another country, I have picked out Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck as it is an American classic I am going to be studying at school next year and so would like to give it a try.

For challenge three, to read a genre classic from this period, I have selected Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie. It is obviously a crime novel so fits this prompt and is a recent find (in our old phone box's second hand free library!) and as always with Agatha Christie, I am sure I will enjoy it if I manage to read it.

For challenge four, to read something that isn't a novel, I have chosen Women Who Did which has lots of short stories from 1890-1914 around the topic of the new woman which is fascinating. I will probably pick out one or two stories that fit the timescale.

I am not planning on reading anything for challenge five but that may change (any recommendations welcome!).

So those are the six books I have stacked up for this readathon. I also have the final Paper and Hearts Society book to read in May (I'm going to cry) which I have on pre-order so expect a review soon! It is also my birthday then so I will probably get a few books which I might get to as well.

As always, thank you so much for taking the time to read this post all about the 1900-1950 readathon in May and if any of you are interested in taking part then make sure to let me know in the comments!

Happy reading! 

The books on my TBR for the 1900-1950
readathon (and a beautiful Z made by a friend!)


Comments