Recent Reads: Jane Austen Short Story, Greta Thunberg and Oscar Wilde

 Hi everyone! 

I have read a lot recently so I am doing a recent reads post with a few of the shorter novels I've read. 

The first of these is Lady Susan by Jane Austen. I loved it so much! Jane Austen is definately one of my favourite authors ever and I can't wait to read more from her. Lady Susan is one of her novellas. It features a devious and cunning anti-heroine called Lady Susan. It tells of her interactions with people throughout a short period in her life. It is an epistolary novel meaning it is written in letters. I found the writing style exquisite, especially considering she wrote it as a teenager. I think Jane Austen is incredible and I am so exited for the other amazing books she wrote.

The next book in this post is No One Is Too Small To Make A Difference by Greta Thunberg. I haven't read this book cover to cover but I still wanted to include it. It is a collection of her speeches and every time I read it I am inspired to make a difference. Her speeches, as you probably know, are passionate and state facts and I just think she is so great. I am also very interested in the environment and I also have a blog with some friends about nature and the environment. Click here to view it.

The final book in this post is Only Dull People Are Brilliant At Breakfast by Oscar Wilde. This is a shortened version of Nothing...except my genius: the wit and wisdom of Oscar Wilde which has lots of his thoughts and opinions. Each quote is thought-provoking and gives you an insight to his writing style and life. Quite a few of his quotes are still so relatable today, even if they were written over one hundred years ago! One of these is "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." which I just find hilarious! My favourite, however, has to be one of his most well-known, "To love oneself is the beginning if a lifelong romance." which is so true. This book has definately inspired me to read more Oscar Wilde. I think I will read The Picture Of Dorian Gray fairly soon.

That's it! Thank you so much for reading this and I will be back soon!


Comments