Brexit Romance by Clémentine Beauvais

 Hi Everyone!

As we are in Lockdown, I read Brexit Romance by Clémentine Beauvais. I don't usually read in French for school as I like to be able to do book reviews and talk to my teachers and friends about what I am reading. I got Brexit Romance for Christmas and I thought it looked really good so I wanted to pick it up soon.

First of all, it was HILARIOUS! It made me laugh so much and let's just say there is only one trigger warning- don't read this if you support Brexit and would be offended that a book has all remain or foreign main characters apart from one. But if you feel comfortable with a book that has a few references to British politics, then I highly recommend.

I find French a bit harder to read than English, hence why I don't feature it as much on my blog. But I found Brexit Romance so gripping and relatively easy to read. 

It tells a moving story about twins Matt and Justine who are firmly against Brexit. They meet French singer Marguerite and her singing teacher Pierre Kamenev. Justine and Matt have a secret organisation, Brexit Romance which has only one goal: getting English people married to French so that they can get a European passport. They meet several others and very soon Marguerite and Kamenev find themselves tangled up with an English lord, a crazy owner of a cat café and several other rather interesting individuals. In the last epic chapters Justine's freedom hangs in the balance. But despite her calculations, maybe 'Romance is not dead'...

This post is more for the benefit of my bilingual or French viewers as there is not a translation available now but that may change one day! The author lives in London even though she is French and says she hopes the book will be translated into English.

This was a wonderful read that kept me entertained and I highly recommend if you can read French!


Comments