A Book Club Book: Lord of the Flies by William Golding

 Hi Everyone!

With the arrival of a new school year came a new book club! I've had this review written for a while but I have had so many Victober posts that this one is only coming now! For the past two years I've read the Carnegie books through my school book club and we did the 2021 titles in the Summer term so this term we are reading a variety of different books. The first of these was Lord Of The Flies, which I didn't think I would like but I actually really enjoyed it so here is my review!

I managed to finish this right before Victober which was perfect but I'm not sure how many other book club books I'll be able to read because I want to focus on Victober this month. The most recent one we were given is one I've already read so I don't have to worry about that one and as I'm now off school I should be okay!

At first, it felt like Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome and Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo but then went in a completely different direction, which I expected.

This is about a group of schoolboys who find themselves on a desert island. There is rivalry, friendship, sorrow and a lot more that goes on as they survive by hunting pigs and eating fruit. 

I don't want to say too much because the blurb slightly spoiled it for me. It sounds really cliché and deja-vu but trust me, you haven't seen much like this before, and yet it feels so much like you have and like you know it all already because it was a little predictable! But it was so good and I honestly thought it would disappoint me, how very wrong I was! 

The descriptions were stunning, certain pages were so moving and that ending was very unexpected! This book is so important and I think discussing this with my book club will be so interesting! I did however find that I couldn't relate as much to the boys, they felt pretty realistic but I just didn't connect with them that much which was a shame. 


This isn't a great review because I don't want to spoil anything and I'm still quite confused about my own thoughts! 

But even so, thank you for reading this and I'll be back soon!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments