Classic Book Review: Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery // an enchanting read 🌻

Hi Everyone!

This is a book I've been meaning to read for absolutely ages! I actually started it a while back but didn't really get into it.  I then wanted to save it for spring/summer so FINALLY got to it in June! It was a five star read and such a beautifully moving story.

If you don't know, this is about Anne Shirley who gets adopted by Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. They live in a rural village called Avonlea on Prince Edward Island. Anne gets into many mishaps and has a very extensive imagination! She makes several friends (and enemies) too. The book just follows her general life going to school and exploring her surroundings.

She is just the most delightful character to read about and follow. She is such a loveable person and the way she views the world is so inspirational and as for L.M. Montgomery's descriptions...there are no words! They truly transported me to the forests, hills and fields of Avonlea and Green Gables. 

I also fell in love with Anne's friendship with Diana Barry. They have wonderful adventures together and seem so genuinely close. I think we can all learn something from Anne in the way she thinks and the innocent way she views the world.

The only thing I didn't love was that it was slightly repetitive, which was okay for a while but then Anne's mishaps all started to resemble one another and become a little predictable. However, it also made Anne a more real character and it all came together in the end.

I highly recommend reading this if you need a book that will give you comfort because it was relatively easy to read and was great for escapism. The past few weeks, I've had several exams at school and this book was a wonderful companion throughout all that. Also, reading it in summer was a very good plan!

I'll be back soon with another review! Happy Reading!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments