The 1900-1950 Readathon: Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie

 Hi Everyone,

In this post I want to share another book I read as part of the 1900-1950 readathon, this time fitting the read a book from a particular genre prompt, with a classic murder mystery from the Queen Of Crime herself. 

But first I have a bit of a confession: it was written in 1956 so technically it doesn't fit this readathon but I decided to count it anyway as it's close and  just happened to be the Agatha Christie book I had on my shelves. I get all Agatha Christie books in charity shops or other second hand initiatives, which you can read more about here.

Anyhow, I  think this is your average Agatha Christie novel so of course I loved it! It was actually my first Poirot mystery. However, I think I prefer Miss Marple so far. I rated it four stars just because it's a typical murder mystery, not to say it wasn't good. It was interesting and I always love reading about big households and general life at this point in history. 

This one is based around a murder hunt, a different spin on a treasure hunt. But as you expect it doesn't go to plan when there is a real murder. It wasn't as unpredictable as some of the other Agatha Christie novels and I predicted part of it but not all of it.

I highly recommend reading Agatha Christie!



Comments