Taylor and Rose Detectives- sequel to the Sinclair's mysteries

 Hi Everyone!

After reading The Sinclair's Mysteries at the end of 2020 (post about them here) I was lent by the same friend the sequel series- Taylor and Rose Detectives. I loved the Sinclair books and I was really excited for the next instalments.

These are set when The Secret Service Bureau (based on the real life predecessor to MI5 and MI6) recruit Sophie and Lil to help them after the success of their crime solving at Sinclair's department store in the first books. This does mean Sophie and Lil are often separated but this encourages an interesting dynamic between them.

It follows the same characters as they travel Europe and solve more mysteries! My favourite was the last one, Villains in Venice but they were all great fun and a real comfort. I thought these would be a bit childish but they were gripping, fascinating and set in the early 1900s again so really interesting from that perspective too. Once you start reading them you are torn between reading them in every spare minute and savouring them for as long as possible. 

The characters feel like my friends and I love the settings of these books. They all feature plenty of murder, crime, mystery and spies. They are all thrilling but I can't say too much without spoiling the original Sinclair books. 

I will say that they follow the same group of villains in a new environment. It also has some scenes in the Taylor & Rose offices which are so lovely. This is the final quest to stop the villains (not saying who they are!) in their tracks before they wreak havoc in Europe...

Villains in Venice ended on a frustrating cliff-hanger so I can't wait for more books in this series!

Bye for now!


Please note that this was extremely difficult to write spoiler free as the plotlines follow things that are uncovered in the original series and I think it would be a crime to spoil them for you all so if you are interested in reading these I would say go for it, you don't want to know that much going in...

Comments