The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy

 Hello, 

Happy new year! I hope 2021 will be filled with happiness, less confinement and vaccinations! I want to share a cosy book with you today.

This is honestly one of the most touching books I have ever read. It is a picture book but it can (and definately should) be enjoyed by all ages. I wrote a Goodreads review for this so I will share that now.

This is just a stunning book. It is a must read for everyone and I can't stress that enough. It is just beautifully innocent and magically relatable. I love it so, so, so, so much! I would recommend listening to the audio book while reading which is currently available on BBC Sounds. There is music and sound effects that enhance the experience. And this book is just that: an experience.

For lovers of the natural world like me it is a dream book that celebrates the world in all its beauty. One of my favourite pages says 'So much beauty we need to look after' and I couldn't agree more.

The language used is simple and effective. The characters are so relatable, loveable and just so special. I love them all so much and especially now with COVID I think it is even more precious.

I can't recommend it enough. I want to thank Charlie Mackesy for creating such a unique and heartfelt book. I repeat myself but the whole book is simply priceless and so special.
 

I think that sums it up very well! Inside there are illustrations and quotes that guide you through the journey of a boy, a mole, a fox and a horse. It is a must read for you all so if you don't already have this book then definately get it. Its message is so powerful and the quotes and sayings funny, thought-provoking and stunning. I could go on praising this book forever! 

As Charlie Mackesy says in his introduction whether you are eighty or eight you can enjoy this and you should get it. 

Thanks for putting up with this post of basically compliments for this magical book! 







Comments

  1. OMG my mum literally just lent me her copy of this! I can't wait to read it now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment