What I am doing for Victober 2020

 Hello Everyone!

In this post I am going to tell you all about what I am doing for Victober and what it is.

Victober is a Read-a-thon that takes place every year in October. All you have to do is read a book that was written in the Victorian period. There are specific challenges that take place and these change every year and are announced on social media and YouTube. 

You can watch Lucy Powrie (the author of The Paper And Hearts Society and one of the hosts) on her YouTube channel explaining these here.

Alternatively, here is a summary of the challenges:


I have recently started reading more classics but as it is my first year doing Victober, I have decided I will just read two Victorian books, but I have four stacked up just in case I get any extra time.

These are:

Little Women by Louisa May Allcott

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

I don't know how many I will get round to or if they will be too hard for me but I will try! I will keep updating you on how it is going throughout October and I recommend taking a look at Lucy Powrie's YouTube channel (@lucythereader) as there is lots of Victorian themed videos in October.

Victober is a great opportunity to read Victorian books and I hope some of you will take part. If you do, please leave a comment saying what you are reading.

Happy Victober!


Comments