The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time By Mark Haddon

 Hello fellow readers,

This is a book that was recommended to me by my mum. I got it from my grandma's house and started reading it. I read it very quickly and loved it as it gives such a powerful insight into the autistic brain and reminded me of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. 

It tells the tale of Christopher as he makes discoveries that will change his life forever. He has a very logical way of thinking and takes everything literally! He loves Maths and is rather a character, although most of this is down to the autism. There is a murder (hence the title!) and he tries to find out who it was and this reveals truths about his family that had been covered up. He talks about day to day events as well as an exciting journey he makes which proves a challenge, even though for most of us it would be easy.

As a character I found Christopher very interesting. The way he reacted to certain situations was very opening to how the autistic mind works. It made me think about what an autistic person would say of Christopher's story and how truthful Mark Haddon was in it.

I don't have much else to say about this book as I don't want to spoil it! There are many events that made me smile and overall it was a very interesting book. There was never a dull moment! I would recommend it to ages 11+ as it is originally an adults book but is very easy to read.

Enjoy!


You can read more about Mark Haddon's books on his website here.

Comments