Whiteout by a collaboration of authors || perfect YA book for Christmas!! ❄

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to another blog post, coming to you from a very cold Somerset! It's been freezing here recently (literally) and it's now -3, which is not the coldest it's got down to in the last 24 hours! It's been ridiculously cold for England and honestly, I'm hoping it warms up just a little because I am just not used to this persistent cold! The snow is also very strange because usually it melts very quickly, but there is still quite a lot of snow on the hills, walls and rooftops - very surreal! 

Anyway, British weather small talk over, let's chat about the PERFECT young adult book to read around Christmas time! 

I couldn't include all their names in the title of this post, but the authors are: Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, and Nicola Yoon. What a fantastic collaboration!



Synopsis:
Atlanta is blanketed with snow just before Christmas, but the warmth of young love just might melt the ice in this novel of interwoven narratives, Black joy, and cozy, sparkling romance—by the same unbeatable team of authors who wrote the New York Times bestseller Blackout!

As the city grinds to a halt, twelve teens band together to help a friend pull off the most epic apology of her life. But will they be able to make it happen, in spite of the storm?

No one is prepared for this whiteout. But then, we can’t always prepare for the magical moments that change everything.

From the bestselling, award-winning, all-star authors who brought us Blackout—Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, and Nicola Yoon—comes another novel of Black teen love, each relationship within as unique and sparkling as Southern snowflakes.


I did realise that there is a book by the same group of authors, which I haven't read yet, and I'm not sure if it's in the same series (as in following the same characters) or not, so if anyone knows about that then please let me know! 

The was the most magically diverse, fantastically written and captivating story. I loved the way that the lives intertwined and it was just an absolute joy to read! I love the idea of a big romantic surprise and this did not disappoint! 

These characters are flawed, but so loveable and I just wanted to stay in their world. The way that each character is written is amazing and I just got so attached to them! I love how they are all at different stages in their journey of discovering who they are and what love means to them. 

There is a character for everyone in this book, and in places it reminded me of Floored by a collaboration of YA authors, because of the complicated relationships between the different characters and the web of people interacting!

There isn't that much else I want to say, except please read this book!!

So many stories, so much to say, so many beautiful moments....Whiteout all the boxes!


Around The Blogosphere: 

- Kirkus Reviews shares thoughts - click here!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, I truly hope you are well. Is it too early to wish you a very merry festive season (if you celebrate)? I'll be back next week!



Have you read this book? Do you want to? Have you read a collaborative novel? What did you think? Any young adult books that you think are perfect for Christmas?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

It's the end of term! Finally!! There was a stunning light as I walked up to the bus stop and all the frost and snow makes it all look very surreal. I also performed in four concerts in the last two days, and had two days off school for them! The atmosphere when we came off stage was incredible and I feel very grateful to have got the opportunity to share that moment with my friends who I performed with and everyone in the audiences too. It was truly magical!

Comments

  1. I like collaborations sometimes, but they are good for Christmas time books. Nice review Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that many collaborations but I really loved this one! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and comment ;)

      Delete
  2. Another amazingly well written and interesting post. It's lovely to hear the reflections ok your week alongside the main event of a well written review. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy the casual magic section - I enjoy writing it! Don't worry there is plenty more to come :))

      Delete

Post a Comment