My answers to the 'For The Love Of Classics Book Tag'

 Hi Everyone!

This is originally a BookTube Tag but I thought, why not do it on here? So here are my answers to the 'For The Love Of Classics' book tag!v

THE QUESTIONS:

1. Why do you read Classics and how often do you read Classics?

I read classics because of the historical references, the way you can be immersed in the past and because they are still here for a reason. These are books that have been around for so long and they are masterpieces! I love the challenge they bring to my reading too. I read classics quite a lot, I alternate classics with YA.

2. What is a period/country/culture that you haven't read many classics from and would like too? 

Any foreign classics because I haven't read much from other countries yet and I would love to so any recommendations welcome! 

3. Which modern book do you think will be a classic in 100 years time?

I mean obviously Harry Potter and The Hunger Games and things like that but also The Tattooist Of Auschwitz by Heather Morris I think will become a classic (if it isn't practically one already!).

4. What was the last classic you read?

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier. I loved it and I love her books in general! I'm very excited to read more Daphne Du Maurier and I love the whole atmosphere in her books and the creepiness of them! 

5. What was the first classic you ever read?

I remember reading The Secret Garden and Black Beauty quite young so I would say them. I remember finding them quite hard but liking them all the same- I definitely need to reread them! 

6. Favourite classic book cover

Many classics have beautiful covers but I love the Penguin English Library Editions, they are beautiful! I now own 24 of them! I love the penguin clothbound classics as well and I'm going to collect my favourite books in those editions. I recently went bookshopping and bought both Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre in the Pan Macmillian collectors library and I'm now so obsessed with them too! 

My Jane Eyre Clothbound

My new editions of Jane Eyre and
Pride and Prejudice <3

7. Classic authors you wish had written more books

I wish Emily Brontë had written more books, definitely! I love her poetry so, so much and I'm very nervous to read Wuthering Heights! It's so sad that it's the only Emily Brontë novel and I don't want the feeling of having a book of hers left to read for the first time to go away! I wish she'd written at least one other novel!

8. Least Favorite classic

I don't really have any classics I HATE (so far!) but I never managed to finish either The Peppermint Pig by Nina Bawden or Carbonel by Barbara Sleigh so maybe them?

9. Favourite translated classic

Letters To A Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke is translated and yet I just love it so I would say that, although it's a crying shame that I haven't read many translated classics!

10. Favourite modern classic (published after 1900)

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is one of my favourite classics and it falls under this category! 

11. Classic literary places you would like to visit

I would love to go to the Brontë Parsonage! It is basically my dream but it's quite far from where I live that I haven't had the opportunity to go there yet. It would be such an amazing experience to go there where some of the greatest novels were written and I would love to see all the artefacts and it would be a very surreal experience! My favourite book of all time is Jane Eyre (although very closely followed by Pride and Prejudice!) and to see where it was penned would be incredible and I'm so fascinated with the Brontë sisters' lives that it would just mean so much to me to go there.

12. First classic you would recommend for a child?

Any children's classics are great- things like The Secret Garden and The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe for example. There is also this collection of simplified stories that really helped me to get an idea of some of these classic tales. It's fully illustrated too!



13. Classics you think are mistitled and what would you title them?

There are actually none that I can think of though many classics don't have very original names, like Emma by Jane Austen is about (you guessed it) Emma! But I don't mind these titles at all :)

14. Your favorite classic you'd like to recommend to everyone

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë is my favourite classic book of all time (as already mentioned above)! It's so passionate and such a wonderfully crafted story! A lot of people are intimidated by it and I was too, BUT it's such an amazing book and once you're in that world you never want to leave!

15. Who do you tag?

On BookTube, you tag someone and then they answer the questions and so it circulates lots of channels! I'm not going to tag anyone but I would love to know your answers so maybe you could pick a number and tell me your thoughts in the comments! If you want to think about what your answers would be then that's great too!

Thank you so much for reading this and I'll be back soon :)


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments