The Sinclair Mystery books by Katherine Woodfine

 Hello Everyone! 

Recently, it may seem like I have been reading only classics but I have been alternating classics and book club books (there will be a big post with all of these towards the end of this year or beginning of next year) with The Sinclair Mysteries series. I was lent these by a friend and absolutely adored them!

It is set in London in the early 1900s. There is a huge department store opening and Sophie gets a job there. She meets several people, some nicer than others and eventually makes her mark and becomes a detective during four mysteries.

The Clockwork Sparrow is the first book in the series and what a treat! It kicks the series off with a great introduction to the characters and the villain as well as a thrilling mystery. It isn't my favourite of the series but I still loved it!

It is followed by The Jeweled Moth which is incredible. There are more characters introduced and more mystery at the department store! Can Sophie, Lil and their friends stop the Baron from taking over the East End? It is very intriguing and it ends in a moment that could have been very different had it not been for some young detectives...

The third book, The Painted Dragon, features even more characters and also an art school. There is an exhibition at Sinclair's and a priceless painting is stolen. The young detective plot a plan. But can Sophie, Lil and the others pull it off this time or is it just too dangerous?

The fourth book is possibly my favourite. It features all the characters in the other books and a few new ones too. A famous fashion designer inspires the theme for the new year's eve ball at Sinclair's but some people aren't always as they seem and Sophie and Lil work out that the Baron must be mixed up in it somehow. And when a plan to shoot royalty and devastate London's streets in the most horrifying manner is discovered, they need to solve the mystery. 

All of them are just so gripping and so loveable. The characters are so relatable and just incredible! The storylines are so intriguing and  loved it so much more than I thought I would, which is always a good thing!

My friend has just lent me the next ones that follow the same detectives but not at Sinclair's. I will write about them when I have read them all!



Comments